Molly Friedrich Among Top Agents, With A Little Help From Her Friends
- A Renaissance? Beware of the Backlash! McMillan, Terry // Defining Ourselves: Black Writers in the 90s;1999, p235
The article cautions African American writers against exploitation by publishers who are only interested in making profits from their works. This exploitation, most often than not, is facilitated by agents who virtually sell writers to publishers. Like publishers, agents are only interested in...
- Exhaling! TERRY McMILLAN HITS JACKPOT IN ROMANCE & FINANCE. Whitaker, Charles // Ebony;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p154
Features author Terry McMillan. Details on the success of her 1992 novel `Waiting to Exhale'; Successes of McMillan; Books of McMillan that turned into films; Her relationship with a resort worker, Jonathan Plummer, who is 20 years her junior.
- Poised for takeoff. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;3/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 12, p25
Informs that Terry McMillan's new novel `How Stella Got Her Groove Back,' has been in the negotiations process and the price is well into seven figures for the movie rights. 20th Century Fox making the picture; The announcement by Viking of an April 29, 1996 publishing date; Other financial...
- Terry McMillan's Triumphant Return. // Essence (Essence);Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p62
Interviews Terry McMillan, an Afro-American writer. How she started the novel `A Day Late and a Dollar Short'; Basis of her characters; Her role in the increased publication of books written by Afro-American writers.
- Terry McMillan calls it quits with husband who inspired book. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/7/2005, Issue 915, p31
Reports that author Terry McMillan has filed for divorce for her husband Jonathan Plummer in San Francisco, California. Reason of McMillan for filing a divorce; Speculation of McMillan on the reason why Plummer married her; Response of Plummer to the allegation of McMillan.
- Successful sisters. Jones Jr., Malcolm; Sawhill, Ray // Newsweek;4/29/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 18, p79
Announces that Terry McMillan has created a new literary genre in the mid-1990s with her upbeat novels about black women. Connie Briscoe and her novel `Sisters and Lovers'; E. Lynn Harris' book `And This Too Shall Pass'; Effects of McMillan's `Waiting to Exhale'; American publishers' attempts to...
- International achievement award. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/14/96, Vol. 12 Issue 42, 12th annual p4
Profiles novelist Terry McMillan who will be presented with the achievement award at the 12th Annual Governors' Arts Awards ceremony in Michigan on November 19, 1996. Reference to McMillan's literary career; Background information on McMillan; Details of her lifestyle.
- Writing Novels and Having Fun: That's Amore. Andriani, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;4/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 17, p32
Features author Lisa Scottoline. Biography; Details of several legal thriller books she wrote, including the "Final Appeal"; Career background in writing legal literature.
- Edgar winner Scottoline nets two-book deal. J.Q. // Publishers Weekly;6/10/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 24, p46
Relates that HarperCollins has acquired two legal thrillers from the Philadelphia lawyer Lisa Scottoline and will be publishing them in hardcover in the fall of 1997 and 1998. The author's first novel `Everywhere That Mary Went,' nominated for an Edgar in 1993 as well as her second novel `Final...