More Opportunities, Increased Demand
- PCIA Report Predicts Mobile Usage. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the result of the PCIA/Yankelovich Global M-User Study which predicts that consumers are likely to purchase in the future when the wireless data services become widely available. Information on how the study was conducted; Some of the surprising findings; Usage pattern and interest...
- Maturing as a market strategy. Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p38
Looks into challenges encountered by the wireless local loop (WLL) or fixed radio access (FRA) technologies in mature telecommunications markets. Broadband market; Potential barriers; Provision of WLL services priced below $800 per line, 56 kbps or above, and extra service offerings. INSET:...
- DiAx Launches Easy-to-Use WAP Solutions From CMG. // Telephone IP News;Mar2000, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Announces the launching of CMG WAP solutions in Switzerland that will enable the mobile customers of diAX telecommunication company to easily access and interact with wireless Internet applications and personalized content.
- Wireless Web or Prison Cell? O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Jun2000, Vol. 256 Issue 6, p11
Comments on the effort of cellular phone makers and wireless service providers in combining a pocket-sized phone with the Internet. Comment on these phones; Benefit that can be gained from these phones; Companies that are providing these phones.
- WIRELESS EMERGENCY RESPONSE SYSTEMS. // Electrical Wholesaling;Oct2002, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the development of wireless emergency response systems. Applications of wireless technology; Specifications; Installation of wireless systems.
- REGULATORS TARGETING WIRELESS INTERCONNECTION. // Tele-Service News;Jan2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p4
Provides information on the 'Wireless Interconnection Attracts Regulatory Attention Around the World,' a Yankee Group Global Regulatory Strategies report.
- TECH CONNECTION. // National Geographic World;Dec2000, Issue 304, p4
Provides information on Cybiko, a handheld wireless device. Description; Features.
- When is it time for a contractor to go wireless? Johnson, Judy // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/10/99, Vol. 207 Issue 2, p12
Suggests considerations in implementing a wireless field service system. Major components of a wireless field service system; Factors that can influence coverage; Costs of communication systems; Need for contingency planning.
- Time for 4G? Swasey, Larry // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p12
Argues that it may be time to supersede third generation wireless technology in the telecommunications industry. Fourth generation wireless technologies that puts an end to circuit-switched, voice-centric capabilities; Coverage of cable modems; Reduction of cost to operators and translation of...
- Plug & Play. Holt, Chuck // Wireless Review;02/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p28
States that wireless communications carriers are turning to use 2.5 generation technology to take advantage of the wireless data market instead of waiting for third generation (3G) technologies. Costs of the deployment of 3G; Wireless data penetration in the United States and Western Europe;...