Uncovering New Solutions
- Carriers cautious, but no one expects sub numbers to stop. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p16
Emphasizes the effect of the declining economy on the number of subscribers of wireless communication systems in the United States in the first quarter of 2001. Why consumers stop their mobile telephone use; Statistics on the subscribers of major wireless communications service providers.
- Profits of Doom? Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;02/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
Examines how the slowdown of the United States economy could affect the growth of the wireless communication industry in 2001. Revenues posted by several wireless communication services providers in 2000; Effect of the economic slowdown on consumers.
- Raking It In. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p13
Announces the fundings received by telecommunication and equipment service providers in the U.S. Amount of the private financing for Metawave Communications.
- Wireless standards to be key for N.A.; Asia beckons. Hardie, Crista // Electronic News (10616624);1/1/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2097, p40
Declares that the emergence of two long-awaited standards for telecommunications is expected to drive the North American wireless market in 1996. Code division multiple access (CDMA); Personal communication services (PCS); Problems with a fragmenting market; Comments from industry experts,...
- Metawave acquires Adaptive Telecom. // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p39
Reports on Metawave Communications Corp.'s acquisition of Adaptive Telecom Inc.
- What Goes Down Must Go Up. Fixmer, Rob // Interactive Week;3/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p8
Deals with the market corrections in the technology sector of the United States. Overall mood in the technology industry in March 2001; Continued growth of the wireless Internet; Action taken by Alan Greenspan, chairman of the Federal Reserve.
- The Broadband Militia. Behar, Michael // Washington Monthly;Mar2002, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p33
Explains that broadband wireless Internet access can revive the U.S. economy. Information on how the broadband wireless Internet access started; Efforts of the telephone companies to stifle the spread of broadband wireless Internet access; Economic gains the country will get if the federal...
- Metawave rides the enhancement wave. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;3/4/96, Vol. 230 Issue 10, p16
Reports that Metawave's Spotlight Multibeam Antenna Platform will be available for cellular carriers in 1996. Views of Thomas Huseby, chairman of Metawave; Features of the Spotlight.
- Metawave to supply antennas to Iusacell. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p63
Reports on Metawave Ltd.'s receipt of an order from Grupo Iusacell, a mobile carrier in Mexico.