Strong Year Of Revenue In 'Site'
- Waiting For The RBOCs. Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p4
Editorial. Comments on developments related to telephone companies and regional Bell operating companies (RBOC) in the U.S. as of November 2002. Efforts of RBOC to serve their enterprise customers; Frame relay market.
- The Independent beat. Engebretson, Joan // Telephony;2/11/2008 Supplement, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on various factors affecting the telecommunications industry and another on the stability of independent telecommunication companies.
- TELECOM CARRIERS NEED TO SMARTEN UP THEIR PIPES. Brodsky, Ira // Network World;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p41
No abstract available.
- Study: Telco, cable may trade revenues. // Telephony;7/25/94, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p9
Presents the findings of a survey of telephone companies and cable operators in the United States. Likelihood of trading market share in their core markets as effect of regulatory changes; Significant changes in their revenue streams; Overall winners in the tradeoff.
- Crosstalk. // Telephony;11/23/98, Vol. 235 Issue 21, p8
Presents news and information concerning telecommunications firm in the United States. Includes Motorola's media exposure when restaurateur Drew Nieporent claimed he has a Tac 7000; Lands' End's virtual models via its Web site; AvTel Communications' claim that it has a national DSL service.
- Competition watch. // Telephony;11/23/98, Vol. 235 Issue 21, p10
Presents news and information concerning telecommunication companies in the United States. 2nd Century Communications will use Siemens' 36190 ATM core switch as its network base; Team-up of Cisco Systems and Conectiv Communications to deliver DSL technology to Conectiv's customers; Frontier...
- Saving money with cellular. Kirschner, Suzanne Kantra; Antonoff, Michael // Popular Science;Apr95, Vol. 246 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the lower costs and enhanced services offered by different cellular carriers to their customers. Discounted home zones determined by common usage patterns; Reduction of phone bills by changing hardware; Cellular base station; GTE's Tele-Go and Bell Atlantic's Contact Line 2; Sprint's...
- That elusive market sense. Sazegari, Steve // Telephony;10/07/96, Vol. 231 Issue 15, p124
Evaluates the stance by Local Exchange Carriers (LEC) with regards to developments in the telecommunications market. Opportunity for LECs to make Integrated Services Digital Network a success; Chance for LECs to offer enhanced services; Regulatory challenges and market opportunities; Upside of...
- RHCs pursue alliances with small PCS operators. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;9/12/94, Vol. 227 Issue 11, p1
Reports that Bell regional holding companies (RHC) are building ties with small, minority- and women-owned businesses that are pursuing personal communications services (PCS) operations. Wholesale PCS arrangement; Seminar to brief RHCs on how the arrangement might work; Advantages of investing...
- Wireless world, entertaining universe. Lannon, Larry // Telephony;10/31/94, Vol. 227 Issue 18, p56
Opinion. Comments on developments in the telecommunication and telephone sectors. Alliance of Sprint, Tele-Communications Inc., Cox Enterprises and Comsat to enter the local exchange market; Competition faced by the dominant local exchange carriers (LECs); Theory of convergence.