Lucent Rebounding While Agere Struggles
- Fresh Off Loan Amendment, Lucent Works to Rally Support. Nugent, John // Bank Loan Report;8/27/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 34, pN.PAG
Now that Lucent Technologies Inc. has finalized with lenders the amendment to its $4 billion credit facility, the company will be able to move forward with its proposed Phase II restructuring program, which is designed to return it to profitability and positive cash flows next year. The...
- Agere Axes 500 Positions. // Electronic News;10/4/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 40, pN.PAG
Reports on the dismissal of several employees working for Agere Systems as of October 2004. Plans for the manufacturing facility of the company in Orlando, Florida; Cost of restructuring charges and expenses; Expected revenue for the first quarter ending December 31, 2004; Statement issued by...
- Lucent Gives Divestiture Another Spin. P., Shankar // Business News New Jersey;12/19/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 51, p7
Reports on Murray Hill, New Jersey-based Lucent Technologies' plans to spin off 20% of its microelectronics business through Agere Systems, an Allentown, Pennsylvania-based manufacturer of lasers, transmitters and amplifiers. Market value of Agere; Schedule of Agere's initial public offering;...
- Lucent Postpones Agere Spin-Off, But Its Convert is a Hit. // Bank Loan Report;3/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the sale of a convertible bond by Lucent Technologies despite the postponement of the spin-off of its Agere subsidiary. Companies that led the preferred issue; Remarks from convertible bond fund manager Hart Woodson; Requirements of Lucent bank creditors.
- What To Do With Agere. // DRIP Investor;Jul2002, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p2
Focuses on shares of the Agere Systems for shareholders of Lucent Technologies. Spin-off ratio of Agere shares; Difference between two classes of stock; Computation for the cost basis of Agere Class A and B shares.
- Lucent spins off Agere. // Telephony;04/02/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 14, p20
Deals with the 2001 initial public offering (IPO) of Agere, a former Lucent Technologies unit.
- A Little Less Liquid. // Business News New Jersey;04/03/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p3
Focuses on the disappointment of Lucent Technologies at the less than expected earnings of microelectronics manufacturer, Agere from an initial public offering before the week of April 3, 2001.
- Agere Systems to Embed Memory in NPUs. Morrison, Gale // Electronic News;5/20/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the embedded memory featured in the PayloadPlus network processor from Agere Systems Inc. Purpose of the company for offering embedded memory; Description of the product; Use of Agere components by Lucent Technologies Inc.
- Agere Spin-Off Could Retire Lucent's Debt. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;04/02/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 14, p1
Discusses the decision of Agere Systems Inc. to make an initial public offering (IPO) on the New York Stock Exchange on March 28, 2001. Why Lucent Technologies Inc., parent company of Agere, decided to push for an IPO despite a low stock price offering; Financial performance of Agere.