Qualcomm Drops CDMA Sales Forecast
- Qualcomm expected to hit high end of guidance. // RCR Wireless News;9/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p14
Relates the revenue and earnings expectations of Qualcomm Inc. for the fourth fiscal quarter 2003. Projected increase in revenues; Basis of the projected revenue increases.
- Qualcomm EPS, Forecast Miss. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/ 7/2013, pA01
7 The designer of wireless chips used in smartphones and mobile devices said Q4 EPS climbed 18% to $1.05 ex items, missing by 3 cents. Sales jumped 33% to $6.48 bil, beating forecasts of $6.34 bil.
- CIBC raises handset forecasts, predicts success for Nokia, Motorola and Qualcomm. // RCR Wireless News;12/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p26
The article reports that investment banking firm CIBC World Markets has raised its handset sales forecast for 2006. The firm said handset makers Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc. are best positioned to take advantage of the boost in phone sales, while Qualcomm Inc. should benefit from an...
- Qualcomm ups financial guidance for fiscal 1Q. // RCR Wireless News;12/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p13
Reports on the increase in the expected revenues of Qualcomm Inc. for the first fiscal quarter ending December 28, 2003. Projected earnings per share excluding the Qualcomm Strategic Initiative; Basis for the company's estimates; Total sales of code division multiple access units expected by...
- Qualcomm names Paul Jacobs CEO. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;3/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p58
Presents updates on Qualcomm Inc. as of March 14, 2005. Appointment of executive Paul E. Jacobs at the company; Anticipation of the chipmaker on its revenue for the second quarter; Increase in the dividend rate of the company.
- Don't settle for second-best. Moroney, Richard // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/23/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 17, p2
The article looks into the performance of seven stocks including Macy's Inc., Qualcomm Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc. Macy's Inc. has achieved at least 4-percent growth in sales for eight straight quarters, along with nine quarters of at least 7-percent growth in operating income. The Quadtrix...
- 4G+4G/Wi-Fi=?: WIRELESS: Qualcomm Likely To Win; Chip Sales Rising. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;2/13/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the increased sales of chipsets from Qualcomm Inc. in 2012 in the U.S. It is predicted by CommNexus San Diego Co.'s chief executive Rory Moore that manufacturers will incorporate the chipsets into their more advanced devices. It indicates that about 3.1 billion dollars...
- Insight: Sector Study - Budget Smartphones - Mobile brands target emerging markets. Khan, Shaziya // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Apr2013, p20
The article reports on the increasing focus among manufacturers on producing budget smartphones for developing and emerging markets in Asia. Sales of low-cost smartphones are anticipated to increase by 60% in Asia-Pacific in 2016. According to IDC Asia-Pacific senior research manager Melissa...
- ARM Warns of Mobile Chip Sales Slowdown, Curbs Hiring Plans. Burt, Jeffrey // eWeek;9/ 4/2012, p2
The article focuses on the statement of chief executive officer (CEO) Warren East of ARM Holdings published in the journal "Financial Times" regarding the continued slowdown in consumer purchases of computing devices in the second half of 2012. According to East, the company is expecting the...