- Green Regs Good For Business. // Natural Life;May/Jun2000, Issue 73, p11
Highlights economic studies from the United States which claim that saving salmon and the environment help businesses save money.
- 'Green' stamps. During, Alan // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p13
Suggests that industries in Northwestern United States are recognizing the branding power of environmentally certified products. Details of the certification; Annual sales increases in the organic food sector; Major retailers opting to gain the certification.
- Greenopia Lists Top Green Brands of 2010. // Sustainable Brands Weekly;2/18/2010, p7
The article focuses on the 2010 Brand Ratings list of the most environment friendly companies in the U.S. released by Greenopia.com, a guide to green living.
- An Intergenerational Partnership Between a College and Congregate Housing Facility: How It Works, What It Means. Krout, John A.; Pogorzala, Christine H. // Gerontologist;Dec2002, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p853
Provides information on the intergenerational programmatic relationship between a private comprehensive college and a congregate housing facility in the U.S. Examples of retirement faculties; Development and planning of the Ithaca College-Longview partnership; Goals of the program; Activities...
- Higher Education Sustainability STARS. Fliegler, Caryn Meyers // University Business;Jun2006, Vol. 9 Issue 6, pG6
The section presents several U.S. universities and colleges which serve as models for their efforts to respect the environment and the communities that surround them. The institutions include the California State University System, Duke University and the Carnegie Mellon University in Pennsylvania.
- environmental costs. Rannou, Clémence; Henri, Jean-François // CMA Management;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p28
The article discusses the value of environmental costs in the U.S. It provides ways on how to define environmental costs through using the classification which was developed by the Environmental Protection Agency in 1995. It also presents costing methods used by companies such as life-cycle...
- Golden Age Expected for Environmental Investing. // Money Management Executive;2/2/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p4
This article reports on the survey conducted by Allianz Global Investors which found out that investors believe that environmental issues offer good long-term investing opportunities. The survey involved 1,264 adults with household financial assets of at least $100,000 in December 2008....
- Honor Roll. // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on actions taken by U.S. organizations to help protect the environment. In December 2008, Bank of America announced it would phase out financing for companies that practice mountaintop removal (MTR) coal mining. Dell has committed to reducing 20 million pounds of computer...
- USEPA CELEBRATES 10 YEARS OF SMARTWAY PARTNERSHIPS. // Air Quality & Climate Change;May2014, Vol. 48 Issue 2, pEI-6
The article reports on the 10-year anniversary celebration of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (USEPA) SmartWay Transport Partnership which empowers businesses to move goods in the cleanest and most energy-efficient way. Topics discussed include the initiative's aim to help businesses...