Portability Still Important
- FoodCapsule: THE RISE OF GRAB-AND-GO. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the growth of grab-and-go food service in the United States as of 1999, according to the `FoodService Director' New Business Survey. Percent increase in sales of grab-and-go food service in college campuses.
- Getting it wrong. King, Paul // FoodService Director;11/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p8
The author discusses the trends where college campuses in the U.S. made their student centers into food courts that follow the dining venues of shopping malls by luring commercial fast food concepts while leaving behind the commitment to be more sustainable and to be a local environment supporter.
- MIT plans HMR program. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p44
Announces plans for the introduction of a home meal replacement (HMR) program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's (MIT) campus food service outlets in Cambridge. List of food service outlets at various MIT campuses; Revenues posted by the food service outlets; Value of HMR for MIT...
- SNACKING FORECAST. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jan2015, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on "The Big Picture" survey by the periodical "Foodservice Director" which found that college and university food-service operators perceived growth in snacking.
- COUNTER SERVICE. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/8/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p8
The article presents results of a survey which states that majority college students uses on-campus food service facilities in 2012.
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;12/15/206, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
The article presents news briefs related to food service. Room service and cashless payment systems are gaining favor among hospitals that operate their own foodservice programs, according to the annual membership survey conducted by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management....
- Portable Meals Gain Ground. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p17
The article discusses the findings of a Business-Builder Study on Portability, which determines the extent to which restaurant operators are serving grab-and-go and take-out meals. Business and industry is the market leader, with 86% of them selling portable foods, colleges came in second....
- To-Go Branches Out. Parseghian, Pamela // FoodService Director;3/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p34
This article focuses on the increasing number of foodservice operators in the U.S. who offer takeout meals to their patrons, as of March 2012. The University of Massachusetts has a food truck that offers burgers using local ingredients and has named it BabyBerk. Riverwalk Dining Market at...
- Re-capturing the "Liberated" Customer. Lawn, John // Food Management;Sep2005, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p10
Presents information related to fast food restaurants. Information that Quickservice restaurants, c-stores and service chains that already have a dominating presence in shopping malls, urban downtowns and suburban intersections have been desperately seeking new locations and customers for years;...