- Selecting the right computer system for your car wash. Brott, Ken // American Clean Car;Apr2001, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p32
Offers tips on selecting a computerized cash register. History of the cash register; Advantages of a computerized point-of-sale system; Areas that should be analyzed in selecting a computerized cash register.
- Receipts with a Message. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
The article evaluates the new point-of-sale system being used at Citizens Memorial Hospital in Bolivar, Missouri.
- POS equipment sales to peak in 1980. // Banking;Jan79, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p102
Presents an outlook on the sales of electronic cash registers (ECR) and point-of-sale terminals (POS) for 1981, based on the study of the retail automation equipment market. Growth expectations for POS terminal deliveries; Improvement in the ECR market.
- KEYBANK CAFETERIA GOES CONTACTLESS. // CardLine;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p15
The article reports on the installation of a contactless point-of-sale system in the corporate cafeteria of KeyBank, a unit of KeyCorp. The system consists of a Sharp UP-700 cash register system with an integrated card swiper and a Vivopay 4000 contactless card reader, made by Vivotech.
- TARGETING NEW HOSP. CUSTOMERS: Cashless POS paves way for room service. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the plan of the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics to launch room service that will allow the selling of meals to patients' families and guests. Details of the room service project; Information on the planned use of a cashless point-of-sale system for the service.
- A cash register with up to 27 totals. // Accountancy;Oct77, Vol. 88 Issue 1010, p29
The article reports on a series of Swiss electronic cash registers released by Hasler Ltd. in Great Britain. Manufactured by parent company, Hasler Cash Registers Ltd., the electronic cash registers have up to 27 totals and seven transaction totals. A vital feature of the machines is compulsory...
- Why you need POS. Jacobsen, Bob // Model Retailer;Jul2008, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p18
The article offers a look at the advantages of having a point-of-sale (POS) or retail-management system (RMS) in a hobby retail store. Retailers with a good POS system can help manage their frontline and back-office efficiently, and thus, help them manage the store better with all the business...
- The 2009 World Market Forecasts for Imported Cash Registers. Parker, Philip M. // Imported Trade Reports;2009, preceding p8
The article presents a report on the world market forecasts for cash registers imported for 2009. It provides the total level of exports for cash registers across over 150 key countries, where each country represents a percent of world market. It also offers several charts depicting the world...
- Staples to Sell Payment System. Sposito, Sean // American Banker;11/13/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 174, p5
The article announces that office supplies retailer Staples is selling hardware for global technology company National Cash Register's (NCR) point of sale system Silver.