DoCoMo Delays W-CDMA Launch
- Killing the golden goose. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;05/15/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p102
Comments on the status of the third generation (3G) technology in Europe and the United States as of May 2001. Spectrum licenses given by the European government for NTT DoCoMo's 3G wireless-code division multiple access product; Problems posed by 3G technology.
- Is CDMA2000 IX Falling Behind In Asia. Chakraborty, Pradeep // Wireless Week;10/1/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p22
Focuses on the usage decline of code division multiple access (CDMA) 2000 1X technology in Asia. Postponement of the launching of wideband-CDMA third generation services by Japanese wireless carrier NTT DoCoMo; Implication of the delayed launched of CDMA 2000 1X by KDDI, another Japanese...
- The Wireless World Cup. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;Mar2002, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the competition between South Korea and Japan in terms of wireless communication. Capability of the FOMA service of the Japanese NTT DoCoMo; Deployment of commercial cdma2000 1X systems by South Korean operators; Comparison of subscriber numbers for 3G wireless service.
- DoCoMo reaches 1M FOMA milestone. // RCR Wireless News;10/6/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the success of NTT DoCoMo Inc. in hitting its 1 million mark for the number of users of its Freedom of Mobile Multimedia Access (FOMA) third-generation wireless-code division multiple access service. Number of years of its service; Improvement of its handset quality; Percentage of...
- Test company supplies W-CDMA simulators to Japanese mobile firm. // Electronics Weekly;4/23/2003, Issue 2096, p10
Reports that Ubenetics is supplying NTT DoCoMo with mobile simulators for evaluating an experimental wireless code division multiple access system with high-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA) capability. Advantage of the cooperation to Ubenetics; Characteristics of the HSDPA; Forecast on the...
- More Delays On W-CDMA For DoCoMo. // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the plan of NTT DoCoMo, a wireless carrier company in Japan, to turn on its wireless code division multiple access network on May 30, 2001. Limitations of the system; Coverage of the network; Details on the capacity problems experienced by NTT DoCoMo.
- Big Developments in Small 3G Base Stations. Mumford, Richard // Microwave Journal;Nov2003, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p54
Highlights the development of micro base stations for the FOMA, a mobile service based on W-CDMA 3G network, by NTT DoCoMo Inc. Features of the FOMA service; Expectations on the micro base stations; Applications of the micro base stations.
- Freedom of Mobile Multimedia Access. // Network Dictionary;2007, p203
An encyclopedia entry for the term "Freedom of Mobile Multimedia Access (FOMA)" is presented. It refers to 3G services being offered by Japanese mobile phone operator NTT DoCoMo. The first W-CDMA 3G service in the world, FOMA is compatible with standard UMTS, both via the radio link as well as...
- Watershed of insight. Nordgaard, Joe // Wireless Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p8
Comments on wireless Code Division Multiple Access technology. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on wireless communications systems.