It Takes A Wireless Village
- GETTING THE MESSAGE. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;5/7/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p58
Focuses on the Wireless Village project of Ericsson AB, Nokia Oyj and Motorola Incorporated. Aim of the project; Concern of developers working on wireless text and multimedia messaging technology; Likely result if the work is successful.
- Strange bedfellows. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p32
Reports on the Wireless Village initiative, joint venture among Nokia, Ericsson and Motorola. Goals of the initiative; Basis for its standards and procedures; Statistical information on the growth rate for handset sales during the first quarter of 2001.
- High-fliers Take A Dip. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Deals with the projected decline of the global sales of handset wireless communication systems in 2000. Impact of the projected decline on Motorola; Effect of the projected decline on the shares of Nokia and Ericsson; Reasons for the projected decline cited by Motorola executives.
- The end-user game. Taaffe, Ouida // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2004, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the increasing importance of smartphone mobile operating systems. Perception of mobile end-users on communications services; Design of mobile telephone units; Founding of the telephone operating system field Symbian by handset vendors Motorola, Nokia, Ericsson and Psion.
- Infrastructure Awards. // RCR Wireless News;2/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p30
Presents information on mobile infrastructure contracts of wireless communication companies announced in January 2005. Ericsson; Motorola; Nokia; Samsung.
- Future Phone. Beach, Tarre // Wireless Review;07/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p42
Looks at handset personalization technologies available in the wireless communications market in the United States. Applications of Motorola's VoxML, a voice interface that allows access to the Web; Features of Nokia's 7100 series Wireless Application Protocol (WAP)-compatible phones; Personal...
- Siemens Moves Ahead In Handset Race. // Wireless Week;02/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p34
Reports the increase in market share of Siemens company for the handset users. Details on the market share owned by Nokia, Motorola and Ericsson; Challenges faced by handset providers.
- Market share mayhem. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;7/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p10
Discusses problems faced by wireless communications companies in the U.S. Outcome of the miscalculation of the demand for paging devices by Motorola; Factor affecting the handset sales of Nokia; Status of the deal between Sony and Ericsson as of July 2004.
- Phone Frenzy Brings New Players Into Wireless Mix. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p25
Provides information on some wireless phone manufacturers. Nokia; Motorola Inc.; Ericsson; Panasonic Telecommunications Systems Co.; Sharp.