FCC Approves DT Merger
- A Green Light, And A Yellow. // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the contention of the United States government on two proposed acquisition deals in the wireless telecommunication industry in 2000. Indication that the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. is approved by the government; Details on the conflict in Congress over...
- VoiceStream, Powertel Await FCC Decision. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the pending approval of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless company and PowerTel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Speculations on the decision of FCC; Details of the deal; Background of the merging companies.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Merger Final. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom AG. Companies that reported gains as the result of the merger; Reason for the opposition to the merger in the United States.
- GSM puzzle almost complete. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the plan of Deutsche Telecom/VoiceStream Wireless to acquire Powertel. Purpose of the move; Implication of the acquisition; Reactions from analysts about the move.
- Under the microscope. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;08/07/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p50
Deals with the efforts to block the bid of Germany's Deutsche Telekom (DT) for VoiceStream Wireless of the United States (U.S.). Bill introduced to remove the ability of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to waive a statute that prohibits U.S. telecommunications licenses; Percentage of...
- FCC Delays Deutsche Telecom Deal To Analyze Impact. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p5
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission will take time to draft a careful analysis on the proposed acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom. Opposition of Senator Ernest Hollings (D-S.C.), to the proposal; Investigation being conducted by the commission.
- DT buy of VoiceStream, Powertel officially done. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p53
Reports on the closing of the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. by Deutsche Telekom as of June 4, 2001. Shares of stocks received by VoiceStream shareholders; Terms of the deal.
- Powell Adviser: VoiceStream Merger Is Guideline. // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p4
Reveals what the approval of the merger of Deutsche Telekom AG and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. signals for future deals before the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). What the major theme of FCC Chairman Michael Powell's agenda includes.
- FCC OKs DT/VoiceStream combo. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;04/30/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to approve the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless by German company Deutsche Telekom. How analysts view the merger of the companies; Implications of the merger to the telecommunications industry in the...