Black Frat Inducts Bill Clinton As Honorary Member
- SAINT LEWIS. Grann, David // New Republic;10/05/98, Vol. 219 Issue 14, p12
Focuses on the position of Representative John Lewis (D-Ga.) on the sex scandal involving U.S. President Bill Clinton in 1998. Background of his commitment to moral causes; His advice for Clinton on handling the scandal; Reaction of several Democrats to his willingness to forgive Clinton.
- Remarks at a Dinner for Representative John Lewis in Atlanta, Georgia. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/24/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p840
Presents the text of a remark given by United States President Bill Clinton on April 14, 2000 which focused on Representative John Lewis in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Who are the Black Greeks and why? Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;2/18/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p17
The article discusses the Black American fraternities and sororities founded in the U.S. Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity is considered as the oldest Black Greek-letter organization founded in 1906 with national membership of 175,000, while Alpha Kappa Alpha is the first Black sorority founded in 1908...
- LEWIS HONORED FOR COURAGE. // Jet;06/11/2001, Vol. 99 Issue 26, p4
Focuses on civil rights leader and United States Representative John Lewis (D-Georgia) who was honored with John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Recalling the movement. // Jet;04/07/97, Vol. 91 Issue 20, p21
Presents a photograph of author Clifton L. Taulbert with Congressman John Lewis at a bookstore in Washington, D.C.
- Rep. John Lewis Gets University Of Michigan Medal For Civil Rights. // Jet;01/31/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p20
Reports that Atlanta Representative John Lewis received the Wallenberg Medal for his civil rights contributions.
- GEORGIA. Michalakes, Joey // Hill;7/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 78, p19
The article reports on the radio campaign launched by the American Hospital Association (AHA) for John Lewis, a congressman in the 5th district of Georgia.
- NAACP to salute civil rights giant. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;4/18/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 16, p9
Presents the Spingarn Award to Representative John Lewis in Houston, Texas. Basis for selecting Lewis; Devotion of Lewis to seeking justice for all people; List of activities in which Lewis participated.
- Rep. Lewis tours South Africa, compares moments to U.S. civil rights movement. // Jet;4/25/94, Vol. 85 Issue 25, p6
Reports on United States Representative John Lewis' trip to South Africa. Postponement of his meeting with African National Congress (ANC) head Nelson Mandela due to gun fire as Lewis' vehicle arrived near ANC headquarters; Aim of Lewis' visit; Criticism of Zulu leader Mangosotho Gatsha...