Pandemics and work
- Unless something changes, this will probably not be a pandemic strain. Fowler, Brian // Infectious Diseases in Children;Nov2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p11
The article presents a remark from epidemiologist Brian Fowler on the unlikelihood that the new variant of influenza will lead to a pandemic strain.
- Personalized communications key: Survey. // Business Insurance;08/30/99, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p64
Reports on the importance of personalized communications to employers' overall employee communication strategy.
- Internal communications: Ensuring strategy and measurement coexist. Khan, Julie // Public Relations Tactics;Feb2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p20
Discusses how employee communicators can develop into business communicators. Existence of strategy and measurement in communication plans; Disservice to the company when internal communicators do not demonstrate that their communication plans add value to the firm.
- The state of internal communication--three views. Gordon, Gloria // Communication World;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p11
Presents internal communication issues addressed during a panel discussion at the 1997 Target Vision Employee Communication Exchange conference in Panama City, Florida. Importance of employee communication to the success of an organization's day-to-day operations; Communication management in...
- Is Corp-Speak smothering communication? Lichtgarn, Peter // Communication World;Aug/Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p41
Presents information for chief executive officers about organizing employee communications. Recommended information-flow program components; Speed, frequency and factual correctness; Benefits from a robust business information-flow program.
- Is your organization communicating effectively? Gorman // Public Relations Tactics;Oct99, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p14
Recommends strategies for the effective execution of business and employee communication standards. Emphasis on setting expectations regarding communication; Techniques to provide tools and training for employees; Continuity of reinforcing the significance of communication as an integral part...
- Seven simple ways to improve your employee communication program. Shamnon, Jane // Public Relations Tactics;Jul2003, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p10
Provides tips for improving employee communication program. Improvement of meetings; Introduction of service journalism into your communication efforts; Creation of oppurtunities for horizontal communication.
- Choose Your Communication Method. // TeamWork;2014, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p5
The article offers tips on the method of communication to be used in situation when needed to ask questions, or a series of questions.
- NEWS BRIEFS. // MondayMorning;12/8/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p5
The article focuses on the assertions by the pharmaceutical industries on the potential outbreak by shifting flu vaccine production to more targeted pandemic ones. They assert that they should act immediately to finalize a response plant to potential flue threats. They contend that countries...