Standardized protocols for medical laboratories
- ISO Updates Guidelines for Publicity. // Quality Progress;Aug2003, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the availability of updated guidelines providing organizations with good practices for publicizing registration/certification to the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards from the International Organization for Standardization. Contact information.
- Measurement Management Standard Now Available. // Quality Progress;Aug2003, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p14
Reports on availability of measurement management standard from the International Organization for Standardization. Application of the standard when customers and their suppliers need to specify product characteristics; Contact information.
- Recent Trends in Performance and Current State of Creatinine Assays. Killeen, Anthony A.; Ashwood, Edward R.; Ventura, Christina B.; Styer, Patricia // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Apr2013, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p496
Context.-Measured plasma or serum creatinine concentration is a primary component of equations used to calculate estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR). In recent years, most assay manufacturers have adopted creatinine calibration procedures that are traceable to the National Institute of...
- Hidden Danger in Pathology. Maung, Raymond // Canadian Journal of Pathology;Spring2015, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses a study by the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (RCPA) to investigate the role of pathology in hospitals and elements responsible for adverse quality of pathology in Canada. It mentions that professional quality assurance activities are essential for providing...
- Quality and the College of American Pathologists. Allen, Timothy Craig; Hammond, M. Elizabeth H.; Robboy, Stanley J. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Nov2011, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p1441
The College of American Pathologists (CAP) is dedicated to pathology and laboratory medicine quality. The CAP's Laboratory Accreditation Program, Proficiency Testing Program, Q-Probes and Q-Tracks, site-specific cancer checklists, webinars, annual meetings, and Advanced Practical Pathology...
- Q-Probes Studies in Anatomic Pathology. Tworek, Joseph A.; Volmar, Keith E.; McCall, Shannon J.; Bashleben, Christine P.; Howanitz, Peter J. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Sep2014, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p1156
Context.â€”The Q-Probes program is a peer-comparison quality assurance service offered by the College of American Pathologists that was created in 1989. Objective.â€”To establish national benchmarks around a specific quality metric at a specific point in time in anatomic pathology...
- Twenty-Five Years of Accomplishments of the College of American Pathologists Q-Probes Program for Clinical Pathology. Howanitz, Peter J.; Perrotta, Peter L.; Bashleben, Christine P.; Meier, Frederick A.; Ramsey, Glenn E.; Massie, Larry W.; Zimmerman, Roberta L.; Karcher, Donald S. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Sep2014, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p1141
Context.â€”During the past 25 years, the College of American Pathologistsâ€™ (CAP) Q-Probes program has been available as a subscription program to teach laboratorians how to improve the quality of clinical laboratory services. Objective.â€”To determine the accomplishments of the...
- AAMI Standards BSR/AAMI 5T41, 4th Edition-200x & BSR/AAMI/ISO/IEC 62366-200x. // Professional Safety;Jan2006, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p50
This article reports on the revision of the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) standard, Ethylene Oxide Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities: Safety and Effectiveness. Technical requirements in the standard will be updated. The standard covers the safe and...
- Hacia un Sistema Nacional de Calidad. // Agro Enfoque;jun2008, Vol. 22 Issue 159, p74
No abstract available.