European drug ad furor
- EU approval for Remicade in children. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the approval of the use of Centocor Inc. and Schering-Plough's remicade drug by the European Commission. The Commission has approved the drug for treatment of severe, active Crohn's disease in pediatric patents aged six to 17 years, who have not responded to conventional...
- EU's new orphan drug regulations. Louët, Sabine // Nature Biotechnology;Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p582
Reports that European Commission implemented the first community-wide orphan drug regulations to encourage development of drugs to counter diseases. Other countries where drug regulations have been successfully implemented.
- Pharmaceutical legislation review. // WHO Drug Information;2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p69
Reports on the European Commission's publication of a proposal to review pharmaceutical legislation. Efforts to reinforce and improve access to patient oriented and controlled information; Development of Good Information Practice.
- Push for consumer drug ads gets cool reception in Europe. Cassels, Alan // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/2/2002, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p946
Focuses on consumer drug advertising in Europe. Proposed changes to European Commission (EC) legislation allowing drug companies to advertise AIDS, asthma, and diabetes medications to the public for a trial period; Way that direct-to-consumer drug advertising is illegal in most industrialized...
- CHRONOLOGY OF DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER ADVERTISING REGULATION IN THE UNITED STATES. Mogull, Scott A. // AMWA Journal: American Medical Writers Association Journal;2008, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p106
Promotion of pharmaceutical drugs to consumers, called direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising, has increased significantly since 1997, when the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reevaluated its regulations of pharmaceutical manufacturers. DTC advertising has been debated in the literature,...
- Lay down the law on fakes. // Nature Medicine;Apr2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p348
In this article, the author offers information related to the laws concerning counterfeit drugs and pharmaceutical companies. The author discusses the introduction of a special policing unit to tackle fake medicines, launch of public awareness campaigns, and a need of strong law enforcement...
- Time is ticking on EU drug directive. STOBIE, CRAIG // Packaging News;Oct2014, p42
The article focuses on significance of the Falsified Medicines Directive of the European Commission for the manufacturers of generic drugs , citing concerns of European Generics Association regarding the issue and offers suggestions for the manufacturers regarding management of production.
- Recent EU Regulatory Law Developments for the Pharmaceutical Industry. Chenesseau, Audrey; Pavlou, Anna // European Journal of Risk Regulation;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p421
The article provides updates on regulatory law developments for the pharmaceutical industry in Europe as of September 2012. The regulations reportedly covers several areas including pharmacovigilance, information on medicines, and advanced therapy medicinal products. These regulations include...
- European pharmacovigilantes prepare for change. // Reactions Weekly;2/11/2012, Issue 1388, p2
The article reports that the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the European Commission and the European Members States are preparing for a new pharmacovigilance legislation which would increase transparency of all pharmacovigilance activities across Europe.