Physician-writers in the age of blogging
- Time to move on from the euthanasia debate. Flegel, Ken; Hébert, Paul C. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/15/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 9, p877
The author reflects on how physicians can help stop the debate on euthanasia. The author states that the first vital step of moving away from such issue is to define the words to be used that honestly represent the action and intention of the procedure. The author suggests that physicians should...
- American Trailblazer, Mentor, and Friend. Birdsong, Mary Claire // 21st Century Science & Technology;2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p43
The article presents a reprint of the essay "American Trailblazer, Mentor, and Friend." An essay on nuclear chemistry is presented in which it is stated that the author is influenced with the works of Michael Fox, a physician who has worked in the field of nuclear chemistry. The author relates...
- The C Word. Penza, Logan // Moderate Voice;12/20/2010, p13
A blog on the issue of freedom of expression is presented.
- EBN guest blogger offers fellow professionals word to the wise on EDIs. Andes, Karrie // Employee Benefit News;Jun2011, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p10
The article presents a reprint of the article "EBN guest blogger offers fellow professionals word to the wise on EDIs," Karrie Andes, which appeared in the blog "Daily Diversion."
- SHALL WOMEN VOTE? Fern, Fanny // Ruth Hall & Other Writings;1986, p316
The article presents a reprint of the article "Shall Women Vote?", which appeared in the June 30, 1860 issue of "New York Ledger." It focuses on the objection of the author on the kind of prohibition and limitations given to women in expressing themselves in the society, without being escorted...
- An insult to free speech. // Asia Weekly;10/6/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 39, p11
The article presents a reprint of the article "An Insult to Free Speech," which appeared in the journal "China Post." It states that China's public insultment law threatens to create negative impact on Taiwan's stock worldwide. It notes that the law is a direct violation of free speech assured...
- Leveson online: A publicly reported inquiry. Townend, Judith // Ethical Space: The International Journal of Communication Ethics;2013, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p14
The Leveson Inquiry has broken new ground for court and political reporting: for the first time a public inquiry held under the Inquiries Act 2005 has been played out live on the internet. Online media provided a chance for ordinary members of the public, non-profit groups and small media...
- Physician Protect Thyself (and Your Patients and Coworkers)! Deresinski, Stan // Internal Medicine Alert;1/29/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p11
A reprint of the article "Physician Protect Thyself (and Your Patients and Coworkers)!," by Stan Deresinski, previously published in the January 2011 issue of "Infectious Disease Alert."
- Failure to Recognize Adrenal Crisis. // Clinician Reviews;Nov2010, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p26
A reprint of the article "Failure to Recognize Adrenal Crisis" which appeared in the periodical "Medical Malpractice Verdicts, Settlements and Experts" is presented.