Severe anemia from bedbugs
- A symptoms approach to identifying the source of iron deficiency anemia. van Vlaanderen, Edward // Cortlandt Forum;4/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p167
Discusses a symptoms approach in identifying the source of iron deficiency anemia (IDA). Diagnosis; Inclusion criteria for lesions; Endoscopy procedures and results.
- Should anemia prompt colonoscopy? Hashmi, Imaduddin S.; R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p54
Determines the appropriateness of colonoscopy for a 40-year-old patient who has iron deficiency anemia. Conditions when colonoscopy might be appropriate.
- Investigating microcytic anaemia. Uprichard, W. Owen; Uprichard, James // BMJ: British Medical Journal;8/3/2013, Vol. 347 Issue 7919, p34
The article present answers to several questions related to microcytic anaemia including causes of microcytic anaemia, diagnosis and treatment.
- Iron supplementation. Smith, H. // Professional Nursing Today;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p9
The article discusses the supplementation of iron in human physiology. It mentions its inherent part in proteins and enzymes that maintain better health. It also notes its vital role in the delivery and storage of oxygen in the body which is a constituent of haemoglobin, myoglobin and other...
- A rational approach to the anemia workup. Wheby, Munsey S. // Patient Care;4/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p158
Presents information on the diagnosis of anemia in patients. Causes of iron deficiency anemia; Information on anemia of chronic disease; Suggestion on how to different between iron deficiency anemia and anemia of chronic disease; Risk factors of anemia; Screening for anemia; Three ways to...
- Use of the Prussian Blue Reaction in the Differential Diagnosis of Anemias. Bowman Jr., Warren D. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep62, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p412
Describes the use of the Prussian blue reaction in the differential diagnosis of anemia. Diagnostic problems encountered by the internist, pathologist and hematologist; Identification of atypical or marked iron deficiency; Application in a screening test for certain rare anemias with excessive...
- Celiac disease in patients with iron deficiency anemia. Audain, Linz // American Family Physician;2/15/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p938
Focuses on a study by Z. Ackerman, et al, published in a 1996 edition of `The American Journal of Gastroenterology,' which stated that celiac disease sometimes occurs in patients with iron deficiency anemia. `Role of small bowel biopsy in the endoscopic evaluation of adults with iron deficiency...
- Utilizing HDL Levels to Improve Detection of Celiac Disease in Patients With Iron Deficiency Anemia. Abu Daya, Hussein; Lebwohl, Benjamin; Smukalla, Scott; Lewis, Suzanne K; Green, Peter H // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2014, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p769
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article related to the diagnosis of patients with celiac disease (CD) in the previous issue.
- Anemia Pointers for Diagnosis and Treatment. Eichner, E. Randy // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Oct2002, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p29
Focuses on the diagnosis and treating patients with anemia. Determination on the normal complete blood count of the patient; Increase consumption of red meat and drinking orange juice during breakfast.