Case study: Bentley
- Upscale Bentley re-doing image after split from RR. Krebs, Michelle // Fort Worth Business Press;11/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p4
Deals with the efforts of automaker Bentley Motors Inc. to regain brand awareness after its split with Rolls-Royce. History of Bentley; Comparison between Bentley cars and Rolls-Royce cars; Actions taken to attract young buyers.
- Double vision at car show. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec2000, p8
Deals with the exhibition stand of automakers Rolls-Royce and Bentley at the year 2000 British International Motor Show designed by Furneaux Stewart. Design of the stand; Budget for the exhibition stand.
- Prestige marques act to rescue residual values. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;01/31/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the used-car certification programs of Rolls-Royce PLC and Bentley Motor Cars Ltd. starting in Great Britain. Expectation from the certification programs; Steps taken by the company that hurt dealer margins; Warranties that customers will receive.
- Subtle Elegance. Stein, Jonathan A. // AutoWeek;1/26/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p27
In 1955 the Crewe, England, headquarters of automobile manufacturer Rolls-Royce PLC unveiled a pair of new cars. In one corner, was the automobile Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud and in the other, was the automobile Bentley S. These Cloud cousins shared a chassis, running gear and most bodywork. Unlike...
- Waiting list for Bentley Continental GT is 1 year. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;1/10/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6129, p41
This article reports that Americans who put a deposit on the Bentley Continental GT coupe will wait 12 months to take delivery, said Adrian Hallmark, Bentley Motors Inc. board member for sales and marketing. Bentley CEO Franz-Josef Paefgen declined to say when a GT convertible would be launched....
- Ousted Rolls dealers sue factory. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;01/31/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
Reports that mainland European Rolls-Royce and Bentley dealerships whose franchises were terminated in 1999, have filed a lawsuit against Rolls-Royce PLC and Bentley Motor Cars, now owned by Volkswagen. Variety of reasons for the termination of dealerships; Comments from Francis Griffin,...
- a legend grows. Barthorpe, Frances // Automotive Engineer;Apr2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p48
Reports the plans of Bentley Co. to increase the sales of racing cars in Europe. Efforts of the company to conduct brand awareness campaigns; Separation between Bentley Co. and Rolls Royce PLC in the year 2003; Use of Rolls Royce aero engines for Rolls Royce and Bentley cars.
- Smokin'. // Wheels;Jun2003, p33
Presents views on vintage automobiles such as Rolls-Royce, Bentley and Maybach. Social implications of vintage automobiles; Contribution of Henry Ford to the automotive industry.
- Bentley holds pitch for digital account. Bannister, Larissa // Campaign;5/13/2005, Issue 20, p3
The article reports that the luxury car manufacturer Bentley Motors Inc. is holding a pitch for its digital account, currently held by the WPP agency Goodtechnology. The Volkswagen AG owned marque is understood to have scheduled presentations with a number of agencies over the next few weeks....