Fighting audit apathy
- Briefs. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec2000, p10
Presents update on the special events and exhibitions industry of Great Britain as of November 2000. Attendance at the first Expo of MobileWorld in September 2000; Decision of the Alexandra Palace on the offer of associate membership to the Association of Exhibition Organisers; Name change of...
- DIARY. // Event;Jul/Aug2007, p58
Several photographs highlighting the 2007 Association of Exhibition Organizers (AEO) Excellence Awards ceremony held in England on June 14, 2007 are presented.
- Investors enter battle for Alexandra Palace. Bond, Claire // Event;Jan2006, p5
The article presents an update on the special events industry in Great Britain as of January 2005. Business Design Centre Group and Earls Court & Olympia Group have been named as the shortlisted bidders for a 125-year lease at Alexandra Palace in north London, England. The Association of...
- Expo Industry Recognises Top Achievers. // Spice;2/1/2012, Issue 1, p55
The article cites the honorees at the 2011 Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) Awards for Excellence which include Richard Geddes Young Achiever Award winner Christine Phillips of ExpoNet and President's Award winner Robert O'Keeffe of Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- The winners of the 2011 Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) Awards for Excellence are:. // Spice;2/1/2012, Issue 1, p56
The article cites the winners of the 2011 Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) Awards for Excellence which include the Sydney Showground Team as Best Venue Team, Motorclassica of Exhibitions and Trade Fairs as Best New Show, Van Den Berg Designs' Covidien as Best Custom Stand.
- TIP. // Expo Magazine;Apr2008, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
The article offers several considerations when organizing a smaller show. It states that one should determine what services that the exhibitors historically use. Moreover, it is noted that it is less difficult for the contractor to hook up electricity for every exhibition booth than deal with...
- Visitor bureau vies for events. // Marketing Event;Jan2000, p13
Deals with the launch of RiverPoint Tradeshows to promote and manage exhibitions in Southwestern Pennsylvania by the Greater Pittsburgh Convention and Visitors Bureau (GPCVB). Aim of RiverPoint; Remarks from Joseph McGrath, president of GPCVB.
- Exhibitions worth Â£9.3bn to UK. Fletcher, Mike // Event;Oct2005, p13
Reports on the improvement of the economy with the increase in exhibitions held in Great Britain based on a study conducted by KMPG on behalf of the Association of Exhibition Organisers (AEO) and the Association of Event Venues, cited by AEO director general Trevor Foley during a conference held...
- Delegates hear the brutal truth. Fletcher, Mike // Event;Oct2005, p15
Presents the highlights of the 2005 Association of Exhibition Organisers Conference held in Birmingham, England in September. Importance of innovative risk taking according to keynote speaker Simon Gulliford, former group marketing director of Barclays; Impression of Reed Exhibitions British...