Athens unveils eco extension
- Holocaust remembered in New Engaland man's museum. // Christian Science Monitor;1/15/97, Vol. 89 Issue 35, p15
Reports on the creation of a Holocaust museum by David Cheney, a Plymouth, New Haven man who has researched Nazi Germany's attempts to exterminate Europe's Jewish population. Name of the museum; Comments from Cheney; Support for the venture by Plymouth teacher, Katie O'Connell; Details on the...
- Civil Rights Museum opens in Memphis. // Jet;7/22/91, Vol. 80 Issue 14, p14
Describes the week-long dedication festivities marking the opening of the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, Tennessee. Site where civil rights leader Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was slain; Exhibits; Origins of museum's idea; Opening day ceremony.
- Dispute halts approval of U.S. black museum. // Jet;11/2/92, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the dispute between members of the Congressional Black Caucus which has halted Congressional approval of the first National African American Museum to be located on the Mall in Washington, D.C. Action halted in House due to dispute between two black lawmakers, Rep. Gus Savage (D.,...
- A regional tax to support the arts is a good idea. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p6
Opinion. Comments on the funding problem of Detroit Historical Museum. Spread of cultural institutions; Lack of funding accountability.
- Edinburgh the dynamic city. Varlow, Sally // In Britain;May99, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p24
Features the Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh, Scotland. Opening of the museum on November 30, 1998; Emphasis on the history of Scotland; Combination of modern architecture and ancient museum pieces; Displays on Scottish hero Rob Roy, Bonnie Prince Charlie and poet Sir Walter Scott.
- Museum houses drugstore artifacts, oddities. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;5/20/96, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p27
Features the History of Pharmacy Museum in Tucson, Arizona. Pharmacist Jesse Hurlburt as founder of the museum; Location; Museum collection.
- Rendering unto Caesar. Glaessner, Verina // History Today;Mar93, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p2
Reports that a workable compromise has been reached with the Orthodox Church in which the monastery at Zagorsk will be almost entirely ceded to the church, with separate facilities provided for the Zagorsk museum. The museums of Russia attempt to find a new identity as public rather than state...
- Waxing great about black history. // Crisis (00111422);1993, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the Great Blacks in Wax Museum which is dedicated to the study and preservation of African American history. Educational mission chosen by founders Elmer and Joanne Martin; Depiction of famous Black personalities.
- Revolutionary campaign. Takemoto, Paul // Travel Agent;03/24/97, Vol. 285 Issue 8, p114
Features Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia, as a travel destination. Efforts of the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation to attract tourists; Competitive position against theme parks such ass Walt Disney World; Description of packages offered including Jefferson's Virginia; Cost of an average family...
- Historical museum seeks Detroit's oldest firms. Serwach, Joseph // Crain's Detroit Business;03/09/98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p10
Presents information on the featuring of Detroit businesses that have been in business for one hundred years or more in an exhibition by the Detroit Historical Museum. Details on the exhibition; Indication of two companies that are in the exhibition; Information on Detroit business.