Auction of Dome lots earns 3.5m pounds
- Planning application for Dome by August. // Leisure & Hospitality Business;6/27/2002, p2
Reports on the submission of a planning application for the redevelopment of the Millennium Dome site at Greenwich, England by autumn 2002. Features of the outline application to be submitted by entertainment group AEG; Redevelopment of the Dome into a multipurpose indoor arena.
- Matter of Taste. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);03/12/2001 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 137 Issue 11, p6
Describes unusual purchases in an auction of items from London, England's Millennium Dome exhibits. Why one man purchased a six-foot-tall hamster; Mannequin of a depressed English football fan which was bought by a nightclub owner; Why one man bought the large models of body lice.
- Matter of Taste. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);03/12/2001 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 137 Issue 11, p6
Describes unusual purchases in an auction of items from England's Millennium Dome exhibits. Why one man purchased a six-foot-tall hamster; Mannequin of a depressed English football fan which was bought by a nightclub owner; Why one man bought the large models of body lice.
- Fin de Dome. Galbraith, Kate // New Republic;03/12/2001, Vol. 224 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the financial problems plaguing the Millennium Dome in London, England. Symbolization of the Dome with British Prime Minister Tony Blair's Labour government; Efforts to gain back some of the 1 billion pounds spent; Problems with the auction process; Lack of clarity regarding what the...
- IC: Contracts. // International Construction;Nov99, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p6
Presents a photograph of the Millennium Dome, still under construction in London, England.
- Glitches under the big top. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;1/5/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 30, p7
Discusses public opinion surrounding and problems during the opening of the Millennium Dome in England on New Year Eve 2000.
- He? She? It? Edwards, William // U.S. News & World Report;07/06/98, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p14
Mentions Britain's Millennium Dome, which is set to open December 31, 1999. Plans for a large sculpture and debate over which gender would most fairly represent humankind; Comments by Jennifer Page of the New Millennium Experience Co., the firm that is overseeing the dome's development.
- The big top. Goldberger, Paul // New Yorker;04/27/98-05/04/98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p152
Focuses on the construction of the Millennium Dome in London, England. Cost of the dome; Where it will be constructed; Significance of building the dome.
- If I owned the Dome. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Sep2000, p45
Presents the ideas of exhibition organizers concerning the operation of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Will Dixon, director of marketing at Crystal Visions Design Consultants; Paul Ephremsen, director at ID Field Marketing; Andrew Morris, chief executive officer at Earls Court and...