Foot-and-mouth crisis hits events
- South Korea Reports Suspected Case of FMD. // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;12/6/2011, p5
The article reports on a suspected case of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) at a farm in Cheongsong, South Korea where 16 pigs at the farm showed symptoms, according to the Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Foot And Mouth Disease Symposium To Be Held April 17-18 In Lousville, KY. // Beef Expert Blog;
The article offers information on the Foot-and-Mouth Disease Symposium, hosted by the National Institute for Animal Agriculture, to be held in Louisville, Kentucky on April 17-18, 2013.
- Observations on the epidemic of foot-and-mouth disease in 2001. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;4/19/2003, Vol. 152 Issue 16, p488
Presents observations on the epidemic of foot-and-mouth disease in 2001.
- Clinical and laboratory investigations of five outbreaks of foot-and-mouth disease during the 2001 epidemic in the United Kingdom. Alexandersen, S.; Kitching, R.P.; Mansley, L.M.; Donaldson, A.I. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;4/19/2003, Vol. 152 Issue 16, p489
Clinical and laboratory investigations of five outbreaks of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) were made during the early stages of the 2001 epidemic in the UK. The first outbreak, confirmed on February 20, was at an abattoir in Essex which specialized in the processing of culled sows and boars. On...
- Recent spread of foot-and-mouth disease in the Far East. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;5/1/2010, Vol. 166 Issue 18, p569
The article presents a letter which discusses the extension in the range of foot-and-mouth disease viruses (FMDV) normally found in China and the Republic of Korea (ROK).
- Exercise tests foot-and-mouth readiness. // Farmers Weekly;10/29/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 17, p8
The article reports that the Silver Birch, a national exercise to test the British government's readiness for a future outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease, will be staged from November 9 to 10, 2010.
- Foot-and-mouth spreading in Bulgaria. Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;1/21/2011, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the second outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in Bulgaria that resulted to the slaughter of 200 animals.
- LET'S ALL HOPE JUDICIAL REVIEW LEADS TO FULL F&M PUBLIC INQUIRY. // Farmers Weekly;1/11/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p5
Comments on the need for a public inquiry into the foot-and-mouth crisis in Great Britain. Impact of the foot-and-mouth epidemic.
- T-shirt 'army' seeks the truth on F&M. // Farmers Weekly;1/11/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the promotion of the campaign for public inquiry into the foot-and-mouth disease in Great Britain in 2002. Description of the shirts used in the promotion; Statement made by a claimant in the legal action concerning the campaign.
- MEPs express shock at scale of crisis in the UK. Hunt, Jeremy; Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;4/26/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 17, p18
Focuses on the views of the delegation of Members of the European Parliament (MEP) on the outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in Great Britain. Efforts of MEP delegates to deal with the outbreak; Prevalence of foot-and-mouth disease in the country.