Motor shows set for major rethink
- Talks on joint event collapse. // Marketing Event;Oct97, p4
Reports that the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders Ltd. and the Institute of Road Transport Engineers stopped negotiations for a joint Commercial Vehicle Show. Reason why the negotiation has been stopped.
- Show will give UK auto industry a boost. Stein, Jason // Automotive News Europe;7/10/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p6
The article presents information on the British automobile show which will be held at the ExCel venue in London, England on July 18, 2006. General Motors will introduce its fourth-generation Opel/Vauxhall Corsa. According to Christopher Macgowan, CEO of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and...
- The British are coming. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;5/31/93, Vol. 67 Issue 5502, Automotive news insight. p1i
Details the author's trip to nine of the Socdecision ordering General Motors (GM) to pay $42,586.59 to Mark Lautherboren for willful violation of California's lemon law. Defective features of the 1988 Chevrolet Crew Cab pickup; Further damage sustained from the dealership; Notification of GM;...
- Car show rejects outsource claim. Chadwick, Philip // Marketing Event;Sep2001, p8
Focuses on the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders' dismissal of claims that the 2001 British International Motor Show will be completely outsourced. Setting of the show; Estimated number of in-house people who are working on the show; Companies that have been appointed to work on the show.
- New van registrations prosper; HGVs still drop. Tonkin, Ian // Motor Transport;5/17/2010, p8
The article informs that the sale of light commercial vehicles (LCVs) has increased while the sale of high goods vehicles (HGVs) has declined in 2010 according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) Ltd.'s report on commercial vehicles sale in Great Britain.
- European Trailer Type Approval Four Months Away. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;6/28/2012, p1
The article reports on the changes in the European Community Whole Vehicle and National Small Series Type Approval rules of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) in June 2012.
- UK Commercial Vehicle Output Down in January. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/22/2013, p1
The article reports that data from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders showed that commercial vehicle output in Great Britain declined by over a fifth in January 2013.
- SMMT in review of ...1m 2002 motor show task. Brabbs, Cordella // Marketing (00253650);3/8/2001, p12
Reports that the Great Britain-based Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders is reviewing its promotion account for the 2002 International Motor Show. Value of the account; Agencies vying for the account; Terms under the account deal.
- Tractors up, rigids down ahead of Euro-6. Wilcox, David // Commercial Motor;8/8/2013, Vol. 220 Issue 5547, p7
The article discusses the complied registrations data from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) which shows a 16.5% growth on the number of two-axle tractors registered by July 2013 while a 5% decline on 6-tonne gross vehicle weight (GVW) trucks.