Chicago Skyway Suit in Hands of High Court
- Some Off-the-Clock Activities After Work May Be Compensable. Johnson Jr., H. Scott // HR Magazine;Jun2010, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p118
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff claims for compensation for commute time and preliminary activities performed before the start of the workday under the Employee Commuting Flexibility Act in the U.S. The facts of the case Rutti v. Lojack Corp. are presented. The Ninth...
- Etc... // Christian Science Monitor;3/29/99, Vol. 91 Issue 84, p20
Presents news briefs for March 29, 1999. Reasons why Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas is being sued by 12 former students; How a passenger train in London, England traveled past a stop without letting waiting passengers on; The top 10 cities in the United States with the highest...
- Proposed interchange awaits final funding. King, Mason // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/28/96, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p18A
Observes that a highway interchange west of Interstate 465 will improve access to land and spur commercial development projects in Indianapolis, Indiana. Presence of business parks, airlines, delivery firms, and undeveloped farmlands near the area.
- Overpass completion seen as FAST Corridor success. // Refrigerated Transporter;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the Coalition for America's Gateways and Trade Corridors' celebration of the completion of the Auburn, Washington overpass. Goal behind the construction of the overpass.
- No more detour. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;12/28/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 87, pA2
The article reports on the expected reopening of the 19th Street overpass in Granite City, Illinois on January 31, 2012.
- Cape Horn interchange an Â“engineering marvelÂ”. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p6
A review is offered of the Cape Horn Interchange overpass located in Coquitlam, B.C.
- Public input on overpass sought. // Chinatown News;8/3/93, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p24
Reports on the planned construction of an overpass to connect the north foot of Columbia Street with Portside Park across the Canadian Pacific Rail line and the Port roadway in Vancouver, Canada. Open House; Installation of elevators; Opportunity for residents to air their views; Contact...
- Flyover opens but road is a dead end. ROY, SUBHAJOY // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);1/28/2016, p24
The article reports on the opening of the Kamalgazi flyover to traffic in Calcutta, India and mentions the problem with the Baruipur Bypass.
- If you build it, will they ride? // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/3/94, Vol. 232 Issue 1, p21
Reports on the Jacksonville Transit Authority's expansion of its elevated people mover. Scrapping of switching and control equipment; Replacement of analog control system; Financial support for expansion from federal government.