NEWS IN BRIEF
- Troublesome news tempered by gains in Southern Nevada. // Las Vegas Business Press;1/6/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the economic decline in Nevada. Factors that contributed to the state's economic problems; Projected growth in the area's budget deficit.
- What lies beneath. Ben-Ami, Daniel // Fund Strategy;12/13/2010, p12
The article focuses on the ailing economic condition in Great Britain during the global financial crisis. It mentions the negative effects of the said economic turbulence in other European countries, particularly Ireland and Greece. In addition, it cites the implementation of austerity in terms...
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // Regional Today;10/14/2013, p2
This section offers news briefs on the economic conditions of some European countries, including the increase in Poland's current account deficit in August 2013, the decline in Serbian foreign-exchange reserves in September, and the decline in Turkey's current account deficit in July.
- Arizona budget deficit is 'worst'. // Inside Tucson Business;3/3/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p1
The article reports that according to the Center of Budget and Policy Priorities, Arizona's estimated $1.7 billion deficit is the worst in the U.S. The Center of Budget and Policy Priorities is considered a liberal leaning group for its focus on fiscal policies and public programs affecting low-...
- Long-term problem: Federal budget issues will soon affect states. Gioia, Peter // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/6/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 36, p38
Focuses on the impact of the increase of budget deficit on the economic conditions in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Effects of the rise of inflation rate on the prices of various products; Increase on the level of competition; Factors affecting the revenue growth of several companies.
- MEASURING AND IDENTIFYING REASONS FOR BUSINESS START-UP. Horvat, Jasna; Marijanović, Goran; Mikrut, Martina // Enterprise in Transition: International Conference Proceedings: ;2003, p2530
There are many motives for entrepreneurship. This paper focuses on the role of highly adverse economic conditions in pushing people into entrepreneurship. Specific motivators include the need for subsistence, the need to innovate, to survive, and the need to quickly recognize and exploit...
- A CALL TO SLASH SPENDING. // njbiz;12/1/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p4
Presents the results of the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce and the New Jersey Business and Industry Association on how to close New Jersey's budget deficit for fiscal 2005. Budget deficit of the state for 2005; Percentage of respondents who suggested to cut state spending; Percentage of...
- STRONG SUPPORT FOR A MILLIONAIRE'S TAX. // njbiz;6/2/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p4
Presents the results of a survey conducted by the New Jersey State Chamber of Commerce/NJBIZ in May 2003 on the plan to use the millionaire's tax to close the state budget deficit. Percentage of the respondents who supported the proposal; Opposition to the proposal.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth; Geltzer, Gabe // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p39
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of April 30, 2001. Plan of Legislature to reduce state budget deficit; Improvement of Standard and Poor of its outlook for Memorial Hospital of Colorado Springs; Abolishment of optional economic development sales tax.