New York Times Bestseller Scorecard
- Harry Potter Not The Only Orphan Peppering Children's Bestseller List In 2001. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;1/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the children's bestseller list of 'The New York Times' newspaper for 2001. Position of J.K. Rowling's 'Harry Potter' series; Sales of Lemony Snicket's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'; Top position taken by Ian Falconer's 'Olivia' on the bestselling picture books list; Spin-offs from...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;1/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p5
Ranks the top book publishers according to number of children's books on the 'New York Times' bestseller list in 2001. Top position taken by HarperCollins; Ranking of other publishers such as Scholastic and Random House.
- HP IV Arrives, As Does A Separate NYT List For Children's Bestsellers. // Book Publishing Report;07/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p6
Reports on `The New York Times' newspaper's publication of a children's bestsellers list, in time for the release of J.K. Rowling's fourth Harry Potter book, `Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.' Justification of the need for a separate bestsellers list for children's books; Sales statistics...
- The top ten. Lane, Anthony // New Yorker;6/27/94-7/4/94, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p79
Critiques the books in the `New York Times' top ten bestselling fiction as of May 15, 1994 to evaluate the significance of best-selling charts as a culture barometer. `Like Water for Chocolate,' by Laura Esquivel; `Disclosure' by Michael Crichton; `Lovers' by Judith Krantz; `The Alienist,' by...
- Adjustments Allow More Titles To Earn NYT Bestseller Status In Third Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;10/02/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p1
Reports that the decision of 'The New York Times' to separate its children's list from the traditional adult list has allowed more book titles to earn best-seller status in the United States in the third quarter of 2000. Number of hardcovers and paperbacks that appeared on the bestseller list...
- In How-To Bestseller Lists, Prayer Sizzled, The Soup Cooled and The Cheese Finally Moved. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;1/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the advice, how-to and miscellaneous bestseller lists of 'The New York Times' newspaper as of January 21, 2002. Top position held by 'The Prayer of Jabez,' by David Kopp, on the hardcover bestseller list; Top position held by 'The Four Agreements,' by Don Miguel Ruiz on the paperback...
- Same Titles Lead Advice Lists. // Book Publishing Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p7
Discusses about the change in bestseller lists as reported by the New York Times.
- Authority of N.Y. Times bestseller list questioned. Bing, Jonathan // Variety;08/28/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 2, p3
Reports that the `New York Times' bestseller list has been discarded by biggest booksellers in the United States. Comments from `New York Times' surveys editor Michael Kagay; Book that is not on the list in the August 2000 issue; Strategy to prevent deep-pocketed authors from buying a place on...
- Amazon.com goes to court seeking right to use New York Times' list. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/21/99-06/28/99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the legal battle between online bookseller Amazon.com and `The New York Times' over Amazon's use of the newspaper's bestseller list.