- Heim to Join Nelson In Exec Reorg. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 45, p6
Reports on the appointment of Tami Heim as executive vice-president and chief publishing officer at Thomas Nelson. Reason behind the resignation of publisher Philip Stoner; Responsibilities of Heim in the company.
- IPC's Soutar to launch venture. Bonello, Deborah // Campaign;6/9/2006, Issue 23, p2
The article reports on the decision of IPC Media's editorial director Mike Soutar to set up a publishing venture. Soutar has left his role as IPC Media's editorial director. IPC was tight-lipped on Soutar's sudden departure, issuing no advanced warning of the move. The departure of such a...
- 10 steps to the right candidate. Malcolm, John W. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p37
Presents guidelines for publishing companies on searching for key executives. Includes objective view of company; Complete position description; Realistic compensation range.
- Richards Resigns at B&T, Tolworthy Leaves B&N. Milliot, Jim; Nawotka, Ed // Publishers Weekly;1/22/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 4, p169
Reports on the resignation of two executives from separate book publishing companies in January 2001. Craig Richards from Baker & Taylor; Tom Tolworthy from Barnes & Noble.
- McKenzie to Head LB, UK. // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p12
Reports the appointment of Ursula McKenzie as publisher of Little, Brown UK. Brief career background of McKenzie.
- S&S looks in-house to fill top positions on new sales team. // Book Publishing Report;02/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p5
Reports selection of sales team members by Simon & Schuster (S&S) in the United States. Reorganization of sales and distribution division of S&S; Appointment of Rick Richter as president and Larry Norton as vice president and director of sales; Recruitment of officers from other publishing houses.
- John Kenlon takes helm as Drug Store News publisher. // Drug Store News;5/21/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p4
Announces the appointment of John Kenlon as publisher of the `Drug Store News' magazine by Lebhar-Friedman. Career background of Kenlon; Comments from Kevin Kennedy, publisher of `DSN Retailing Today'; Educational background of the publisher.
- Klein, Fantera in new DD spots. // Publishers Weekly;4/13/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 15, p17
Reports two appointments by Doubleday Direct. Naming of Judy Klein to editor-in-chief of the Literary Guild; Promotion of Sharon Fantera to editor-in-chief at Doubleday Book Club.
- Riger to senior Penguin spot. // Publishers Weekly;4/20/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 16, p12
Reports that Robert Riger has been named managing director of online sales worldwide for the Penguin Group and an executive vice-president of the group. What the job will entail; Riger's background and early career; Louise Burke named senior vice-president and publisher of New American Library.