Random House Targets Spanish-Language Market With New Imprint
- Espanol at Random House. Lopez, Adrian // Library Journal;3/1/2001 Supplement, Vol. 126 Issue 4, p4
Reports that Random House is launching an imprint called Random House Espanol. Efforts to give a boost to the Spanish-language book market; Comments by Lisa Alpert, publishing director of Random House Espanol; Details of the venture.
- Vintage Espanol 'In Growth Mode' Ospina, Carmen // Publishers Weekly;1/10/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the plans of Random House's Spanish literary imprint Vintage EspaÃ±ol to expand the range of its publishing activity beginning in 2005. Objective of the plan; Executives appointed to oversee the unit's expansion; Titles to be included in the expansion program.
- Random House Pushes Further Into E- Publishing, Creates New Imprint. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p2
Reports on book publisher Random House's plan to launch a digital publishing unit. Debut of AtRandom in January 2000 with 20 original titles available as ebooks or paperbacks printed-on-demand; Investment in vanity press Xlibris; Formation of a digital audio imprint with Audible Inc.
- RH makes major revisions in terms of sale. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/22/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p12
Reports that Random House has instituted major revisions in its terms of sale for its trade publishing groups. Terms which become effective on June 3, 1996, including a flat discount for retailers; Discounts given to Random House's Selective Distribution (SD) customers; The old schedule;...
- RH realigns trade sales and marketing group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 29, p106
Reports on Random House's plans to restructure its trade sales and marketing unit. The unification of the division's sales and marketing activities for each or Random House's publishing groups; The establishment of a new department for sales planning and information; Comments from Bruce Harris,...
- RANDOM HOUSE, INC. // Gourmet Retailer;Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p140
Features the English-language trade publisher Random House Inc. in New York, New York. Company history; Publications of the company; Details on the merchandising support programs of the firm.
- A brave new world of books. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 244 Issue 35, pS3
Considers the role of Spain in the realm of Spanish-language book publishing. Percentage of Spanish language titles produced in Spain; Comparisons of populations in Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America and South America; Comparisons of numbers of titles published; Outlook...
- Random House Snares Ingram Exec Youngsuk Chi To Develop Asian Biz. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p3
Reports on Youngsuk Chi acceptance of the positions of president at Random House Asia and chief operating officer of Random House North America. Departure from senior executive position at Ingram Distribution Holding; Scope of responsibilities; Reasons for transferring to Random House.
- Random House Congratulates Itself On Year Of Growth And Accolades. // Book Publishing Report;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p6
Reports the sales growth in the major publishing categories of Random House in first fiscal year of 2001. Records sales and profits for fiscal 2000; Inclusion of 162 titles on the New York Times bestseller list; Operational challenges encountered by the company.