- Accidents just waiting& to be prevented. Modesto, Sofia // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p28
The article reports on the growth of workplace accidents in organizations caused by slips, trips and falls. According to the National Safety Council, workplace injuries comprises an estimated spending of $70 billion each year for organizations. Several factors that contribute towards the...
- Government Spending by Function A New Presentation. // Survey of Current Business;Jun2000, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p18
Presents estimates that incorporate results of the comprehensive revision of the national income and products accounts in the United States. Four major changes in presentation the reformatted tables incorporate; Shares of government spending by function.
- Ground Zero wins Vans business. Clark, R. Garrett; Dawson, Angela // Adweek Western Edition;6/12/95, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p3
Reports that shoes marketer Vans has hired Ground Zero to help reposition the brand toward a broader national audience. Estimated billing for the account; Plans of Vans to increase national media spending.
- HHS 1997 budget unveiled. // Nation's Health;Apr96, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the budget of the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for 1997 passed by the US Congress. Increase in the overall health spending in the federal budget; Estimated budget for Medicaid; Discretionary spending for HHS; Increase in the budgets of the National...
- Up, up and away. Duff, Susanna // Modern Healthcare;3/18/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p11
Presents statistics on the spending for national healthcare in the U.S. in 2001. Factor attributed to the significant growth of healthcare spending; Implications of the noted estimates on healthcare spending.
- The National Conciliation Document. // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p101
The article presents the national conciliation document, which was presented at a conference intended towards forming a comprehensive Palestinian national dialogue.
- The Bill That Must Be Paid. // America;8/26/1967, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p194
The author reflects on the bills directed towards inner city rehabilitation programs in the U.S. He argues that the campaign to remove racial discrimination instead of physical reconstruction is the answer to the decaying inner cities. According to the author, moral and intellectual...
- The real danger. Prados, John // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Apr1993, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p29
Tells how an experiment by the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board proved central to the 1980s military spending spree that went a long way toward plunging the US into the economic crisis it is in today. The Team B competitive analysis under Central Intelligence Director George...
- Study shows domestic IT market still growing, going strong. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p29
Examines the stability of the information technology (IT) industry in Czech Republic. Expected IT spending of the country; Estimates on the share of hardware in IT spending; Impact of the shift toward mobile spending on the sales growth of personal digital assistants.
- Economic policy could push over half a million more children into poverty. // British Journal of School Nursing;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p268
The article explores the Children's Commissioner for England study that found an estimated 600,000 children will be living in poverty in 2015. The report concluded that the decision of the British government to reduce public spending and change the tax and benefits system will significantly...