- Vitamin D status, dependence on age, and seasonal variations in the concentration of vitamin D in Croatian postmenopausal women initially screened for osteoporosis. Laktasic-Zerjavic, Nadica; Korsic, Mirko; Crncevic-Orlic, Zeljka; Kovac, Zdenko; Polasek, Ozren; Soldo-Juresa, Dragica // Clinical Rheumatology;Aug2010, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p861
Vitamin D deficiency is associated with secondary hyperparathyroidism, increased bone turnover, and bone loss, leading to increased risk for osteoporotic fractures. The objective of this study was to investigate the prevalence of inadequate (insufficient or deficient) serum vitamin D levels in...
- Satellite Symposia Abstracts. // Osteoporosis International;Dec2008 Supplement 2, Vol. 19, p499
The article presents the abstracts of IOF World Congress on Osteoporosis 2008 including "Osteoporosis in Asia: Strategies in Addressing Under-Treatment and Vitamin D Inadequacy," by S. P. Chan, "Treatment of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis: Who and How Long to Treat," by J. A. Kanis, and "Vertebral...
- Vitamin D Appears Important in Reducing Hip Fracture Risk. Mangels, Reed // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p20
Discusses the findings of a study about the importance of vitamin D in reducing hip fractures in postmenopausal women. Dietary intake of postmenopausal women; Vegetarian sources of vitamin D; Prevention of osteoporosis.
- 25-HYDROXYVITAMIN D AND PARATHYROID HORMONE STATUS IN 834 POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMEN WITH OSTEOPOROSIS. Grigorie, D.; Neacsu, Elena; Marinescu, Mirela; Dumitrache, Lacramioara; Popa, Oana // Acta Endocrinologica (1841-0987);Jul-Sep2005, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p369
Vitamin D is essential in efficient absorption of calcium and normal mineralization of bone. Severe vitamin D deficiency produces impairment of bone mineralization and osteomalacia. Less severe vitamin D deficiency, called vitamin D insufficiency or inadequacy, causes secondary...
- Vitamin D in midlife: The sunrise vitamin in the sunset of life. Kaushal, Manila Jain; Magon, Navneet // Journal of Mid-life Health;Jul-Dec2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p97
With significant increase in ageing populations and life expectancies worldwide; the recent resurgence of the health problems associated with vitamin D inadequacy; and the role that vitamin D inadequacy might play in other chronic diseases, concern regarding inadequate vitamin D levels has...
- Calcium plus Vitamin D for Postmenopausal Women – Bone AppÃ©tit? // New England Journal of Medicine;3/9/2006, Vol. 354 Issue 10, p1102
A correction to the article "Calcium Plus Vitamin D for Postmenopausal Women ï¿½ ï¿½ Bone AppÃ©tit?" that was published in the February 16, 2006 issue is presented.
- Correction: Dose Response to Vitamin D Supplementation in Postmenopausal Women. // Annals of Internal Medicine;5/1/2012, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p672
A correction to the article \"Dose response to vitamin D supplementation in postmenopausal women: a randomized trial\" that was published in the previous issue is presented
- HIGH PREVALENCE OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY IN 1048 ROMANIAN WOMEN WITH POSTMENOPAUSAL OSTEOPOROSIS. Georgescu, Carmen // Acta Endocrinologica (1841-0987);Apr-Jun2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p231
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the vitamin D status in a large group of Romanian women with postmenopausal low bone mass.
- HIGH PREVALENCE OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY IN 1048 ROMANIAN WOMEN WITH POSTMENOPAUSAL OSTEOPOROSIS. Grigorie, D. // Acta Endocrinologica (1841-0987);Jul-Sep2008, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p359
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about the high prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis in Romania.
- Treating Low Vitamin D Levels Is Ineffective in Postmenopausal Women. SHAUGHNESSY, ALLEN F. // American Family Physician;2/15/2016, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p315
An abstract of the article "Treatment of vitamin D insufficiency in postmenopausal women: a randomized clinical trial" by K. E. Hansen and colleagues is presented.