- ULI: Infrastructure bank is a must. // Public Works;Jul2010, Vol. 141 Issue 8, p16
The article reports that the Urban Land Institute in the U.S. has recommended on merit-based rather than formula-based models for allocating federal funding to state and local governments in the U.S.
- Transformations in public health systems. Wall, Susan // Health Affairs;May/Jun1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p64
Focuses on public health reform in the United States in relation to federalism. Indication of a study conducted in thirteen states; Organization of public health systems in these states; How federal funding is allocated for public health in individual states; Examination of the changing role of...
- Governors, others offer conflicting plans to expand children's coverage. de Guzman, Meg Matheny // AHA News;06/09/97, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p6
Features the set of principles suggested by the National Governors' Association (NGA) to expand children's health insurance in the United States. Approaches suggested to address the issue on children's health insurance; Questions on the allocation of funds for health care.
- Integrating the public health perspective into reporting on violence. Stevens, Jane Ellen // Nieman Reports;Winter98, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p38
Discusses the integration of the public health perspective into reporting on violence. Violence epidemiology in the United States; Challenges to the approach; Guidelines.
- Promoting Dietary Supplements. Hyman, Don; Ehrlich, Mel // Pharmaceutical Executive;Mar1999, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p82
Encourages communication programs for nonprescription health care products to responsibly convey scientifically based information about the products. Size of the dietary supplement industry in the United States; Companies that are entering the market; Challenge in defining the approach to...
- Research allocations: Subjective factors often influence outlays. Collier, Roger // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/15/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 9, pE387
The article focuses on several approaches for allocating health research money. It states that the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) allocates roughly 1 billion dollar a year of public money for health research in various areas including biomedical, clinical, and health systems...
- Translational Bioinformatics: Coming of Age. BUTTE, ATUL J. // Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p709
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) recently augmented the scope of its activities to encompass translational bioinformatics as a third major domain of informatics. The AMIA has defined translational bioinformatics as ". . . the development of storage, analytic, and interpretive...
- What's happening to your health charity donations? Bennett, James T.; DiLorenzo, Thomas J. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec94, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the expenditure and operations of health charities in the United States. Public support of charities; Diverse characteristics; Accomplishments; Allocation of funds; Lifestyle advise of health charities. INSET: Watch dogs?.; Regulation is no answer..
- Senate committee OKs tying tech ed funding to block grant. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Apr2000, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p5
Reports that the United States Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee has passed an amendment that will allow states and their school districts to consolidate technical education funding for several K-12 formula-based education programs. Tie up of the amendment, proposed by...
- Ohio Public Employees' Approves Asset Targets, Nails Alts Hires. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;10/18/2013, p6
The article reports that the Ohio Public Employees' Retirement System (OPERS) has followed NEPC LLC's recommendations to change its allocation for striking the proper balance between a return seeking approach and downside protection. The OPERS Board of Trustees has approved NEPC's suggestion for...