AAP Vice President Testifies Against Proposed Copyright Legislation
- House passes WIPO bill, but Senate debate to come. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/10/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 32, p233
Reports that the House of Representatives passed the legislation needed to implement the copyright treaties negotiated at the 1996 World Intellectual Property Organization meeting in Geneva. Controversial features of the bill that will require negotiations in order to be passed by the Senate in...
- The master silversmith. Jensvold, V.F. // Bon Appetit;Apr91, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p20
Profiles silversmith Allan Adler, 73, of Los Angeles, who has created some of the world's most exquisite silver pieces. Reflects on his craft; Adler's famous customers.
- Adler to join AAP. // Publishers Weekly;4/29/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the appointment of Allan R. Adler as vice president for legal and governmental affairs at the Association of American Publishers. Adler's career background.
- On show at the NEC. // Forecourt Trader;Apr2015, p18
The article reports on a plan by Adler and Allan Group to present its ethanol coalescing filter at the 2015 Forecourt Show to be held in Birmingham, England in April.
- Balancing act on copyright. Adler, Marsha Nye // Academe;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p110
Looks at the expansion of copyright laws in the United States to include material carried over the Internet. Bans placed by legislation; Views on the bill by Cornelius Pings, president of the Association of American Universities; Disadvantages of the legislation; Where information on copyright...
- David, Goliath, and copyright permissions. Franke, Ann H. // Academe;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p112
Focuses on the provisions in the Copyright Act in the United States which are to be considered in deciding whether use of copyrighted materials is `fair' and thus may be made without permission. Character and purpose of use of copyright material; Examination of the portion of the copyright work...
- Copyright Law's Broken Rear Window: An Appraisal of Damage and Estimate of Repair. Saunders, Daniel A. // California Law Review;Jan1992, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p179
Few Supreme Court cases have engendered as much concern and debate within the entertainment industry as Stewart v. Abend. That decision determined the relative rights of holders of copyrights in derivative motion pictures and in the source material on which those films are based. Industry...
- Contract and Copyright Are Not at War: A Reply to `The Metamorphosis of Contract into Expand.'. Wolfson, Joel Rothstein // California Law Review;Jan1999, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p79
Argues that the seeming contradiction between contract law and copyright law should be resolved by the courts or by the United States Congress. Citations on cases involving contract law and copyright law; Practical difficulties that the law would create for the information industries.
- Supreme Court to Hear Copyright Extension Case. Craig, Bruce // Perspectives;Apr2002, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p21
Focuses on the case of Eldred versus Ashcroft on the constitutionality of the 1988 Copyright Term Extension Act in the U.S. Protection of existing copyrights by an additional of 20 years; Distribution of creative and historical works in the digital age; Implication of the decision of the court...