Hospital Expecting 25% Fuel Savings With Direct-Contact Heat Recovery
- Every last drop. Krbec, Jeff // InTech;Dec2009, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses the global initiatives to maximize the use of automation in recycling energy as energy conservation becomes a global concern. Falkland Islands installed exhaust gas heat recovery units in four diesel generators at the power station to heat the Falkland Islands Community...
- Tomorrow's fuel cells. Ashmore, Colin // European Power News;Mar1999, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p8
Focuses use of fuel cells in combined heat and power installations. Applications of fuel cells; Use as successors to reciprocating engine-based cogeneration; Downsides of using fuel cells; Research and development projects on fuel cell technologies.
- Bright green future for fuel cells. Ashmore, Colin // European Power News;Sep2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the effectiveness of fuel cells. Reciprocation of engine-based cogeneration; Enhancement of electrical conversion efficiencies; Assessment of low operating and maintenance cost.
- Hospital's CHP operation is a success. // European Power News;Apr99, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p28
Features the cogeneration system installed at Sunderland District General Hospital in England. Key specifications; Exhaust system; Protection mechanisms; Electrical installation; Performance.
- Hospitals show healthy interest in CHP. // European Power News;Sep97, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p35
Reports on the growing use of combined heat and power (CHP) systems among hospitals in Great Britain. Partnership with the private sector to fund, install, own and operate CHP units.
- Cogen with Lean-Burn Cuts Health-Care Cost. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Summer2002 Supplement, Vol. 31, p28
Discusses the use of cogeneration and lean-burn natural-gas-engine generator sets to reduce energy consumption at Saint Catharines General Hospital in St. Catharines, Ontario. Help from energy services contractor Peninsula Engineering; Total electrical output from the two lean-burn generators;...
- Institutional scale operational symbiosis of photovoltaic and cogeneration energy systems. // International Journal of Environmental Science & Technology (IJE;Winter2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p31
No abstract available.
- Hurst Boiler Commissions 1st US Poultry Litter-Fueled Boiler. // Power Engineering;Feb2016, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the first poultry litter-fueled boiler to be commissioned by the oil and gas supplier Hurst Boiler at the cogeneration facility in Clinton, North Carolina.
- Evaluating cogeneration for your facility. Kenyon, Paul // Modern Power Systems;Mar2005 Supp Gensets, p3
The article discusses factors to consider in evaluating the viability of on-site cogeneration systems for a particular facility. It states that facilities must use combined heat and power (CHP) systems coupled with a utility connection to supply some portion of the total electricity, and an...