Maximizing Stimulus Dollars With BAS
- US: Stimulus package approved. // International Construction;Mar2009, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the economic stimulus plan, U.S. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, that was signed by U.S. President Barack Obama into law in February 2009. According to the plan, between $135 billion and $144 billion will be invested in the construction sector. It mentions that the...
- Stimulus Progress Report: Rolling Out the Jobs. Rubin, Debra K.; Hunter, Pam; Buckley, Bruce; Illia, Tony // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/7/2009, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p22
The article examines the issues concerning employment opportunities offered by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for the construction industry. Like many others, Associated General Contractors Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Stephen Sandherr complained that ARRA consists of hyper-inflated...
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;2/26/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the provision included in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 which Hercules Technology Growth Capital claims will increase the borrowing capacity of participants in the Small Business Investment Company (SBIC) program. The said bill will benefit the...
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT. IT Financing Options. HAGLAND, MARK // Healthcare Informatics;Dec2010, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p38
An interview with Randy Waring, managing director at GE Capital Financial Healthcare Services, is presented. He describes the changes in hospital and health system capital financing patterns in the U.S. He comments on the increase in demand because of the Health Information Technology for...
- What's in It for IT? Modi, Tarak // Baseline;May2009, Issue 95, p10
The article offers information on the economic stimulus plan allocated to bolster the Information Technology (IT) industry in the U.S. It mentions that the IT-related budget appropriations are spread across multiple section of the stimulus plan containing five core themes which includes...
- Stimulus thwarted free fall, but construction still hurting. DAKS, MARTIN C. // njbiz;5/10/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p9
The article reports on the impact of the federal stimulus money on the construction sector in New Jersey.
- A Whole New Market. // Concrete Producer;May2009, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p17
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Rick Yelton on being nimble in supplying the concrete market, one by Hanley Wood Staff on the challenges in government projects and another by Pierre Villere on the review of the stimulus plan and unemployment in...
- ARTBA offers testimonials from ARRA recipients. // Roads & Bridges;Mar2010, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p15
The article presents several testimonials from transportation construction firm executives, collected by the American Road & Transportation Builders Association, which highlight the positive impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on their company and employees.
- Community Connection. // CRN;Jun2009, Issue 1286, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) on technology.