Sustainable Ventilation in High-Rise Office Buildings
- Success in Sustainable Development. Darwin, David // Concrete International;Dec2007, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p7
The author reflects on sustainable development in construction in the U.S. He discusses that sustainable development in construction can reduce global warming through the reduction of carbon dioxide and energy use. He stresses that the U.S. Green Building Council and the Green Building...
- A lot of hot air- no, it's a good thing. Klein, Sarah A. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/30/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p38
The article presents information on the advantages of green buildings. According to a recent study by energy consultancy Capital E, green buildings used 36% less energy than conventional buildings. Tenants wants developers to provide them with energy efficient buildings. The headquarters of law...
- Green-building partnership expanded. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the agreement between Clinton Climate Initiative (CCI) and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) of their expansion plan. The plan intends to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases of the newly constructed buildings. The move has been viewed to save...
- Human Ecology Building earns LEED Platinum rating. // Human Ecology;Fall2012, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Green Building Council in September certified the Human Ecology Building as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum, its highest rating for sustainable structures.
- RIGHT TO MOVE TENANTS. Cook, David // Commercial Law Bulletin;May/Jun2000, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Deals with the issues surrounding the right of landlords to move tenants around the building according to the commercial lease signed. Services offered to tenants; Arbitration clauses of commercial leases; Challenges faced by tenants in case of disputes with landlords.
- Renewals spur Thames Valley space search. // Estates Gazette;2/11/2012, Issue 1206, p40
The article reports on the opportunity of tenants at Thames Valley to select their choice of office space (OS) when 15 million square feet of OS is vacated following the expiration of leases by year 2017.
- Prominent office spaces make double play in north Fresno. Rodriguez, Adian // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/3/2006, Issue 323513, p3
The article reports that phase two of the two class A-office buildings in north Fresno, California, the Russell G. Smith and Zinkin Development office buildings that have been leased before the foundation was set during construction. It has been found that the second half of the two-phase...
- EXAMINING THE IMPACT OF INDOOR AIR ON OFFICE ROOMS OCCUPANTS - CASE STUDY. Kapalo, Peter; Domnita, Florin; Meciarova, Ludmila // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2016, Vol. 2, p367
Building occupants have a dominant impact on indoor air quality. This paper presents the results of a research about the human activity impact on indoor air quality inside a standard office room. Indoor air temperature, relative humidity and carbon dioxide concentration are measured and recorded...
- Overview of the current CRC scheme. Southworth, Jane; Manning, Catherine // Journal of Building Survey, Appraisal & Valuation;Spring2013, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p73
Following a significant period of uncertainty the UK Government has confirmed the changes that will be made to the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC Scheme) in order to simplify it and reduce the administrative burdens it places on businesses. The CRC Scheme requires non-energy intensive...