- COMMENT. // Engineer (00137758);4/5/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7596, p3
Introduces several articles on engineering and technology as of April 5, 2002.
- THIS WEEK IN BUSINESS. Lee, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);6/21/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7606, p13
Presents news related to engineering as of June 21, 2002. Formation of an alliance to ensure that the chaos surrounding Wireless Access Protocol is not repeated; Potential U.S. market for tonsil reduction system; Deal between Screen and ACI to offer U.S. police surveillance technology.
- TECH NEED CHALLENGE. // Engineer (00137758);6/13/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7629, p38
Presents questions related to engineering technology problems. Remote readout humidity indicator for barrier bags; Synthetic material with variable thermal conductance; Vandal-proof mandrel.
- The intermediate beam-a combined active/passive anti-vibration mount Harper, M.; Hutchins, S. // Environmental Engineering;Jun1991, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p25
No abstract available.
- NATIONAL BIOTECHNOLOGY R & D PROJECT. // Japanese Biotechnology & Medical Technology;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p5
Presents information on progress and results of the project, Evolutionary Molecular Engineering (Time-Machine Technology). Technology for constructing experimental evolution system; Technology for analysis and evaluation of experimental evolution system.
- THE WEEK. Lee, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);10/25/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7614, p21
Presents news and developments relevant to engineering and technology compiled as of October 2002. Financial performance of companies; Development of electric-powered transport; Partnerships; Licensing deals.
- One (or more) Controller for Every Application. Mintchell, Gary A. // Control Engineering;Feb2002, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p57
Focuses on the role of industrial controllers in the technology industry. Combination of technology convergence and enhanced software capability; Maintenance of control systems; Expertise in designing machine-control solutions for a wide variety of industries and applications. INSETS: Compare...
- Using the Web to Go Global. Miller, Ed // Computer-Aided Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p44
Deals with the importance of engineering collaboration to companies wanting to improve teamwork between people in different locations. Impact of collaboration technology to integrated product development; Effect of collaboration on decentralization of engineering and manufacturing operations;...
- CAD...gobbling up jobs, one at a time. Liddle, Art // Cadalyst;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Comments on the effects of technology on drafters and engineers. Function of architects; Automation of the engineering process by computer software; Concept of computer program Turbo Tax 2001.
- ENGINEER DOCTRINE UPDATE. // Engineer;
A chart is presented that lists update related to combat engineering, general engineering and geospatial engineering.