In One Acorn: The Fate of the 2008 NFMA Planning Rule under the Obama Administration
- Ranchers say forest policies threaten livestock grazing. // High Plains Journal;12/5/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 50, p17-B
The article reports on the concerns of ranchers over the proposed forest planning rule from the U.S. Forest Service.
- Planning Rule Challenged: No Timber Group Standing. Keith, Erin Flannery // Natural Resources & Environment;Fall2015, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p56
The article focuses on the Planning Rule of the U.S. Forest Service challenged in court case Federal Forest Resource Coalition v. Vilsack. Topics include protection of forests under the Forest Service Organic Administration Act (OAA), purposes of forests such as timber and recreation mentioned...
- New forest focus. Swagel, Will // Alaska Business Monthly;May95, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p36
Evaluates the effectiveness of the Forest Resources and Practices Act of 1990 introduced by the Alaska legislature to govern forest uses. Requirements under the law; Timber industry's evaluation of the law; Compliance of logging companies to the law.
- Corporatisation: implementing forest management reform in New Zealand Fischman, Robert L.; Nagle, Richard L. // Ecology Law Quarterly;1989, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p719
No abstract available.
- New recreation strategy for the national forests Longan, Marty // American Forests;Mar/Apr1988, Vol. 94 Issue 3/4, p50
No abstract available.
- Location, Location, Location: Forest Service Administration of the Recreation Residence Program. Gildor, Dan // Ecology Law Quarterly;2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p993
Focuses on the Recreation Residence Program of the U.S. Forest Service. History of the program; Constraints on reforming the program; Possible paths of reform.
- Timber and tongass. Bonham, Nicole A. // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec98, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p64
Reports on the practice of collaborative stewardship in the management of the Tongass public forestlands in Alaska. Revision of the Tongass Land Management Plan of the US Forest Service; Results of a two-day workshop; Objectives; Challenges posed by the Cleveland Peninsula; Other instances of...
- Our national forests. Mitchell, John G.; Essick, Peter // National Geographic;Mar97, Vol. 191 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the United States National Forest System in the 1990s. The battle over how to manage the forest; Handling the multiple uses the public woods are supposed to provide; Tension between timber interests, recreation advocates, and conservationists; Changes in the United States Forest...
- Does the Forest Service Have a Future? Sedjo, Roger A. // Regulation;2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p51
Examines the United States Forest Service's situation. History of the agency; Major problems and challenges facing the US Forest Service; Possible scenarios for the agency.