2009 - Review: Differences in efficacy and acceptability exist for 12 new-generation antidepressants for major depression
- Cost Effectiveness of Fluvoxamine in the Treatment of Recurrent Depression in France. Nuijten, M.; Hadjadjeba, L.; Evans, C.; van den Berg, J. // PharmacoEconomics;1998, Vol. 14, p433
Objective: The objective of this study was to examine the cost effectiveness of fluvoxamine compared with tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) in the treatment of patients with depressive episodes. Design and Setting: A Markov process model was constructed to model the effectiveness, as measured by...
- Amitriptyline v. the rest: still the leading antidepressant after 40 years of randomised controlled trials. Barbui, Corrado; Hotopf, Matthew // British Journal of Psychiatry;Feb2001, Vol. 178, p129
Background Tricyclic antidepressants have similar efficacy and slightly lower tolerability than selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). However, there are no systematic reviews assessing amitriptyline, the reference tricyclic drug, v. other tricyclics and SSRIs directly. Aims To review...
- Depressed? Just pop the Prozac. Daniel, Caroline // New Statesman;09/19/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4352, p18
Examines the use of drugs to combat mental depression. Reasons for the public's wariness on the use of antidepressants; Life events as cause of depression; Developments in antidepressants; Debate over the chemical and social causes of depression.
- Effects of antidepressants more widespread than thought. // Mental Health Today;Mar/Apr2014, p6
No abstract available.
- Are antidepressants overprescribed? YES. Spence, Des // BMJ: British Medical Journal;5/11/2013, Vol. 346 Issue 7907, p16
The article discusses whether the antidepressants are overprescribed or not. It is mentioned that antidepressant prescriptions has raised by 9.6 percent in the Great Britain in 2011 which are 46 million prescriptions. It mentions that according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental...
- Mirtazapine: A newer antidepressant. HARTMANN, PETER M. // American Family Physician;1/1/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p159
Focuses on mirtazapine, an antidepressant drug released in the United States. Pharmacological background of the drug; Efficacy of the drug; Side effects of the drug.
- Continue antidepressants till spring. Goldzband, Melvin G. // Cortlandt Forum;3/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p89
Discusses the benefits of continuous use of antidepressant. Climatic considerations in the use of antidepressants; Risk factors for relapse.
- Ask the Pharmacist. Harkness, Richard // Prevention;Aug2010, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p16
An answer to a question on how to stop taking antidepressants is presented.
- Are antidepressants overprescribed? NO. Reid, Ian C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;5/11/2013, Vol. 346 Issue 7907, p16
The author refutes the notion that antidepressants are over-prescribed, arguing that depression is still under-recognized and under-treated. He argues that the rise in antidepressant use is driven by small, appropriate increases in the duration of antidepressant prescription and not by a growing...