Downturn Doesn't Affect Demand
- PACKETS. // Wireless Week;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p8
Presents updates related to the wireless industry as of November 11, 2001. Revenue of Aether Systems Inc. for the third quarter of 2001; Decision of Leap Wireless International Inc. to sell its megahertz of spectrum in Salt Lake City and Provo, Utah to Cingular Wireless; Version of the AirPort...
- FINANCIAL. // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p15
The article offers news briefs related to the financial status of wireless communication companies in the U.S. Leap Wireless International Inc. nearly tripled its net customer additions during the first quarter of 2007. Regional carrier SunCom Wireless Holdings Inc. reported mixed metrics for...
- Small Carriers Post Big Gains. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the subscriber base and revenues posted by regional wireless communication system carriers in the United States for the first quarter of 2001. Leap Wireless International Inc. Dobson Communications Corp.; Alamosa PCS; Western Wireless company.
- New year, new looks. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p12
The article presents the author's opinion on various issues related to the wireless telecommunication industry. He cites that Cingular Wireless' biggest new look will be transforming itself into AT&T. He points out that the new look of T-Mobile USA will be to begin the transition from an...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p10
Presents updates on the U.S. wireless communication industry as of December 2003. Terms of a deal between Cingular Wireless and SmartTrust; Decision of Leap Wireless International Inc. regarding the price of Cricket's local calling plan; Services offered by TSI Telecommunication Services Inc....
- Leap completes spectrum sales to Cingular, others. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p25
Reports on the completion of the sale of spectrum of Leap Wireless International Inc. to Cingular Wireless LLC. Value of the spectrum; Acquisition of a wireless operating license by Leap from Banana Communications LLC.
- Cingular buys Salt Lake spectrum from Leap. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/6/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p1
Discusses the deal between Cingular Wireless and Leap Wireless International Inc. regarding the purchase of spectrum in Salt Lake City, Utah. Significance of the agreement to Cingular; Reasons of Leap for acquiring a spectrum; Discussion on Leap's financing.
- Cricket Copycats On The Make. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reveals why other wireless carriers in the United States are copying the so-called all-you-can-eat wireless offerings of the San Diego, California-based Leap Wireless International Incorporated. Remarks from carriers about their flat-rate calling plans; Leap's largest market.
- YOUR TAKE. // Telephony;9/23/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p30
Reports the survey on the spectrum-starved wireless operator in the purchase of Leap Wireless assets. Absence of business plans for Leap; Prediction on the fate of Leap Wireless; Recovery of the company from bankruptcy.