Finally Coming To America
- TCS Breaks SMS Barrier. // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p3
Describes a technology that removes the short messaging service (SMS) barriers between networks launched by TeleCommunications Systems Inc. (TCS). Brief background of SMS; Information on the company.
- Design & application considerations for short messaging service. Tsang // Wireless Design & Development;Oct99, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p37
Deals with the wireless data platform called Short Message Service (SMS). Exchange of short alphanumeric messages or small packets of data between a mobile station and the mobile system; Rapid acceptance of SMS systems by wireless operators worldwide; Potential applications.
- Dam holding back unified messaging about to break. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p20
Focuses on the marketing efforts of smaller wireless telecommunication providers aimed at bringing unified messaging and unified communication (UM/UC) technologies into the mainstream. Functionalities and features of UM/UC technologies; Confusion over the target market of the technologies.
- Voice. SEYBOLD, ANDREW M. // Wireless Review;02/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p116
Reports on the increasing number of subscribers to analog voice service who use circuit-switched dial-up data connections to obtain a short message service (SMS). Platforms that support the SMS; How to attract more subscribers to SMS; Advantages for using circuit-switched dial-up data access;...
- Metrocall Tests On-Campus Network. // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p30
Reports that messaging company Metrocall Inc. demonstrated its on-campus wireless networking capabilities at the National Manufacturing Show in March 2001. Description of the product; Target consumers of the product.
- 3G can wait, existing networks offer opportunities today. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p21
Deals with the business opportunities that wireless communication networks can offer, while third-generation technology is yet to be implemented. Efforts of radio paging companies to adopt two-way messaging system; Forecast for the Sun-Nextel-Motorola Java client; Middleware companies offering...
- ADC wins two contracts. // RCR;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p16
Reports the receipt of two contracts by ADC Telecommunications Inc. to provide its NewNet OTAServer over-the-air activation and SMServer short message technologies to wireless operators in North and South America. Purchase of ADC services by Cellular One and Global Telecom; Performance of...
- Unified Access. Frank, Lawrence // Wireless Review;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p124
Focuses on the development of unified messaging systems in the wireless communication industry. Barriers to unified messaging; Definition of the Internet message access protocol; Impact of wireless-accessible unified messaging around the world.
- Unified messaging gains popularity. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on the increasing popularity of unified messaging service in the wireless telecommunications industry in the United States. Scheme of unified messaging; Factors contributing to the popularization of the service; Efforts of several companies to provide effective unified messaging service.