Bailout Of European 3G On The Way?
- Commission says no to telecoms subsidies. Grainge, Zoe // Utility Week;12/13/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p12
Deals with a report by the European Commission which rejected calls for European Union aid for the telecommunications industry in the region in December 2002. Remarks from Information Society Commissioner Erkki Liikanen; Irony in the rejection of aid by the Commission; Priority of the...
- European News Round-Up. // Electronic News;3/31/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 13, pN.PAG
Presents an update on business in Europe as of March 2003. Views of European Commissioner Erkki Liikanen on the importance of investment in third generation mobile technology for Europe; Design objective of the nRF2402 transmitter introduced by ASA.
- Brussels acts over delays in market. // Utility Week;10/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the infringement proceedings launched by the European Commission against some European Union (EU) countries for failing to implement measures approved in 2002 to liberalize the EU telecommunications sector. Countries that had implemented the directives into their national legislation...
- Broadband 'needs leadership'. Grainge, Zoë // Utility Week;2/27/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p13
Focuses on the need for a strong political leadership of the broadband services in Europe. Statement from the European Commission on the issue; Overview of the eEurope 2005 Action Plan; Comment from Erkki Liikanen, enterprise and information society commissioner, on eEurope.
- BT seeks broadband tie-ups. // Utility Week;2/13/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p7
Deals with the plan of British Telecom to invest in its broadband roll-out by 2005. Position of the European Commission on forming partnerships in broadband roll-out, according to information society commissioner Erkki Liikanen; Comments made by BT retail chief executive Pierre Danon regarding...
- Brussels unveils plan to boost broadband. Nuthall, Keith // Utility Week;3/19/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the broadband and third generation mobile sector plan launched by the European Commission. Policy papers on national broadband strategies to be published by information society Commissioner Erkki Liikanen; Mobile telecommunication research priorities to be developed by the Commission.
- Consumers Want Nerd-free, Hands-free Technology. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the growing market for hands-free accessories for mobile communication devices. What fueled sales of the accessories; Reason for the lukewarm stance of telecommunication carriers to hands-free devices; Main attributes sought by consumers from the accessories.
- Portable Numbers For Mobile Phones. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p12
Discusses number portability for mobile phones in the U.S.. Limitations of local number portability; Details on the operation of local number portability; Benefits of portable number class.
- Scanning... // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p59
Reports developments in the mobile radio industry in United States as of August 2001. Selection of Intergraph Public Safety to provide a records management system for law enforcement; License given to New World System software for IBM iSeries 400 platform; Certification of the American Mobile...