Aether Fuses Together Acquisitions
- Aether buys Motient unit in $45M deal. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p99
Reports the acquisition of the transportation business unit of Motient Corp. by Aether Systems Inc. in the United States. Cost of the acquisition; Transportation sectors excluded in the acquisition; Agreement of Aether to a reseller contract with the satellite and terrestrial network services...
- Aether's Move: Keep Truckin' Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p1
Discusses the acquisition of the transportation unit of Motient Corp. by Aether Systems. Advantage of the acquisition to Motient; Terms of the acquisition.
- A Flush Aether Focuses On Data Services. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p17
Discusses George Davis' tour of the United States and European cities as part of Aether Systems Inc.'s stock offering. Company's acquisitions since August 1999; Challenges posed by growth in acquisitions; Decision of Aether's management on wireless data services.
- Motient selling transportation division. // Fleet Owner;Oct2000, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p247
Reports that Motient Corp. has agreed in 2000 to sell its wireless data services for the trucking industry to Aether Systems Incorporated. Services offered and customer base of Motient; Terms of the agreement; Target markets of Aether aside from financial services.
- CADEC JOINS WITH AETHER, PARAGON. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2001, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p58
Focuses on the adoption of Cadec Corp. of Aether Systems' Aether Fusion with the Mobius TTS in the United States. Access of users to time-sensitive data; Integration of Paragon routing and scheduling software.
- @Track Announces Sale to Aether Systems of Certain Assets and Licenses Related to Long-haul Trucking and Asset-tracking Businesses. // Fleet Equipment;May2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p12
Reports that @Track Communications Inc. has completed the sale to Aether Systems Inc. of certain assets and licenses related to @Track's long-haul trucking and asset-tracking business. Terms of the sale; Formation of a strategic relationship.
- Aether buys @Track long-haul products. Huff, Aaron // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p64
Reports the acquisition of fleet-management company @Track Communications by Aether Systems. Terms of the agreement; Assumption of customer service and support; Reimbursement of service costs.
- Aether Acquires RTS Wireless. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p74
Reports on the acquisition of RTS Wireless Inc. by Aether Systems Inc. Cost of the purchase; Goal of Aether; Information on RTS; Terms of the agreement.
- Aether to buy Cerulean, establish new business unit. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p10
Announces the acquisition of Cerulean Technology Inc., a provider of public safety software and solutions, by Aether Systems Inc.