Wireless Location Rules: A Necessary Evil?
- SMR firms reclassified as CMRS carriers operate in gray area. Sakelaris, Linda Kay // RCR;8/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p8
No abstract available.
- Carriers shut out of PCS have another shot with SMR. Eby, Deborah // America's Network;11/01/95, Vol. 99 Issue 21, p11
Reports on the benefits of specialized mobile radio (SMR) bandwidth for established carriers shut out of the personal communications services (PCS) business in the United States. Federal Communications Commission's auction of SMR spectrum for entrepreneurs and rural telecommunication companies;...
- FCC hammers out rules for spectrum auction process. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;3/14/94, Vol. 226 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's finalization of its rules for auctioning off spectrum for personal communication services (PCS). System of simultaneous multiple round bidding; Questions on the conduct of the auctions and acceptance of the bids; FCC's failure to establish...
- FCC auction to push paging and messaging. DiLorenzo, Jim // Telephony;7/25/94, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's auction of new spectrum for narrowband personal communication service (PCS). FCC's expectation that the licenses will be used to provide services such as advanced voice paging, two-way acknowledgement paging and data services; Buildout...
- FCC sets LMS acution for Dec. 15. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/24/98, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p10
Reports that 528 multilateration Location and Monitoring Service (LMS) licenses will be auction by the United States Federal Communications Commission on December 15, 1998. Type of mobile radio units that LMS is used to locate; Number of licenses that will be awarded in each of 176 economic...
- FCC 800MHz auction closes; Nextel wins most licenses. // Mobile Radio Technology;Feb98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p56
Reports on the results of the US Federal Communication Commission specialized mobile radio license auction ended December 8, 1997. Number of licenses won by Nextel Communications; Amount raised by the auction.
- FCC news sets METS in motion. Kukolla, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/1/95, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1A
Reports on a US Federal Communications Commission's ruling which gives METS Inc. a year to implement its plan to line up investors and refine its strategy for becoming the nation's major player in mobile communications.
- SMR-centric regulatory issues fade as industry fades. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p18
Reports on the seeming lack of attention given by the United States Federal Communications Commission to the regulation of the specialized mobile radio industry.
- Number portability guidelines coming. // RCR;08/25/97, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p41
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) directed the North American Numbering Council (NANC) to craft standards and guidelines governing number portability for commercial mobile communications carriers. Details on laws governing number portability; When the first...