More Layoffs Announced For Nortel
- Nortel restructuring proves effective. // RCR Wireless News;12/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p2
Reports on the restructuring of Nortel Networks Corp. in Toronto, Ontario as of December 24, 2001. Effect of the restructuring on stocks of Nortel; Number of employees to be retained by Nortel; Forecasted revenues of Nortel for the quarter.
- CEO FOR RENT. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;10/8/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 15, p40
Comments on issues the appointment of Frank Dunn as the president and chief executive officer of Nortel Networks.
- Nortel names Dunn president, CEO. // RCR Wireless News;10/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p15
Reports on the appointment of Frank A. Dunn as president and chief executive officer of Nortel Networks effective November 1, 2001. Previous job of Dunn.
- Nortel president leaves post. Lawson, Stephen // InfoWorld;06/28/99, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p40D
Focuses on the resignation of Dave House as president of Nortel Networks company. Successor of House; Views of analysts on the merger of Nortel and Bay Networks.
- Nortel President DAvid House Steps Down. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;06/21/99, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p14
Announces the resignation of David House as president of Nortel Networks company. Remarks from Maribel Lopez of Forrester Research regarding the resignation; Responsibilities of House in the company; Previous executive position held by House.
- Survival of the smartest. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;7/16/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 3, p60
Comments on the employee layoffs in the telecommunication industry in year 2001. Information on the job cuts at Nortel Networks; Views on the brain drain in the industry.
- NUMBERS. Byfield, Mike // Report / Newsmagazine (Alberta Edition);03/05/2001, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p41
Offers news briefs related to Canada's economy as of March 5, 2001. Planned job cuts at Nortel Networks; Amount of new stores opened by Canadian Tire in 2000; Purchase of Berkley Petroleum Corp. by Anadarko Petroleum Corp; Others.
- This Man Wants To Help You. Seriously. // Fortune;6/26/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 1, p327
Focuses on improvisational comedy seminars attended by financial employees of Nortel Networks. Details of the seminars, which are run by Canadian comedian Rob Nickerson; Nortel's hope that learning the principles of stage performance will allow their employees to improve their job performance;...
- Ericsson, Nortel slash more jobs. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the dismissal of employees at Nortel Networks Inc. and the L.M. Ericsson company. Reason for the dismissal of employees; Number of employees dismissed; Analysis on the earnings of the company.