Winstar Seeks Refuge In Bankruptcy
- Lucent offers $2 billion to WinStar. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;10/26/98, Vol. 235 Issue 17, p8
Informs about WinStar Communications Inc.'s plan to expand its buildout strategy using the equipment financing from Lucent Technologies Inc. Aim to complete a 40-city buildout and realize positive cash outflow by 2000; Aspects of WinStar's deal with Lucent; Network design, integration, buildout...
- WinStar branches out with switching systems. // Telephony;8/05/96, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the agreement between Lucent Technologies and WinStar Communications to provide 5ESS switching systems for expansion.
- Lucent and WinStar to build $2-billion fiber and wireless network. RICHARDS, KATHLEEN // Lightwave;Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the project agreement between WinStar Communications Inc. and Lucent Technologies. Overview of the project; Agreement of WinStar with Metromedia Fiber; Condition under the agreement; Comments from William J. Rouhana Jr., WinStar's chairman and chief executive officer.
- Flush with cash, telecom upstart has big dreams. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;01/25/99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the expansion plans of telecommunication start-up WinStar Communications Inc. of Manhattan, New York. WinStar's deal with Lucent Technologies Inc. for equipment financing; Potential to become a global telephone services provider; Aim to increase presence in the United States to 45...
- Lucent, WinStar enter enterprise data agreement. // RCR;05/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p31
Cites the agreement of WinStar Communications Inc. to resell Lucent Technologies Inc.'s entire portfolio of enterprise data networking products.
- WinStar Sees A Win-Win From Lucent Windfall. Culver, Denise // Inter@ctive Week;11/09/98, Vol. 5 Issue 44, pI-10
Reports that Winstar Communications Incorporated secured a financing commitment from Lucent Technologies Incorporated. Terms of the agreement; Implications of the gain of Lucent to the finances of Northern Telecom Limited and Siemens Telecom Networks company; Comments from Lucent.
- Lucent and WinStar join forces to tout broadband networks. Kujubu, Laura // InfoWorld;11/02/98, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p48
Reports on the partnership agreement between Lucent Technologies Inc. and WinStar Communications Inc. to build out WinStar's broadband telecommunications network in domestic and international markets. Worth of the deal; Terms of the agreement.
- Lucent settles shareholder lawsuits. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the move of Lucent Technologies Inc. to settle shareholder lawsuits. Details of the settlement; Information on the financial standing of the company.
- Winstar bidders get chance to find more funds. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p10
Reports that a judge in the United States Bankruptcy Court in Delaware gave groups bidding for bankrupt Winstar Communications Inc. until December 17, 2001. Likely result if no bidder met the financing requirement; What the company planned in August 2001 to help in its restructuring efforts;...