Canada's sex offender registries: Background, implementation, and social policy considerations
- Murders lead to stronger measures against child violence. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;6/2/2014, p10
The article discusses a judicial package aimed at preventing violence and child abuse in Turkey as of June 2014, which proposes an increase in the minimum sentences for those convicted of crimes against children and to keep sex offenders from having contact with children. The proposal was a...
- Organization offers grants to promote child abuse prevention. // Jefferson County Journal;7/20/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 29, pB3
The article reports that Missouri's Jefferson County Community Partnership is offering up to 10 mini-grants to county groups to support an awareness campaign for child abuse prevention.
- Known adult is 'most likely' abuser. // Community Care;12/12/2002, Issue 1452, p13
Discusses the findings of a survey on child abuse in Great Britain. Prevalence of child abuse by family friends; Efforts of dealing with child abuse.
- Program to help professionals spot signs of trafficking, abuse. MURRAH, JULIANNE // Graham Leader;11/6/2013, Vol. 138 Issue 24, p1A
The article reports that, to stop child abuse and trafficking and to help professionals spot signs of trafficking, the Young County Community Resource Coordination Group and the Abilene sector of the Department of State Health Services will host a program on November 6, 2013, at North Central...
- A child sentences her evil mother to hell. Arguello-Booth, Margarita // Cosmopolitan;Apr98, Vol. 224 Issue 4, p246
Narrates the author's experiences of witnessing the death of her baby sister, Anna Marie in the hands of their own mother. Incident that happened to their family after which her mother started abusing them; Types of abuse the author and her siblings suffered from their mother; Account of how...
- CORRIGENDUM. // Islamic Horizons;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p22
A correction to the article "Protecting Children From Abuse," published in the January-February 2015 issue of the periodical, is presented.
- Sexual Offences Order. Coryton, Demitri; Grimmett, Helen; Hargreaves, Arabella; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Feb2008, Issue 16, p158
The article presents the delegated legislation of committee business on sexual offences order at the Ulster Assembly in Ireland on February 4, 2008. Stephen Farry, ad hoc committee chairman on the draft Sexual Offences in Northern Ireland Order 2007, reported to the Assembly that part three of...
- Featured Most Wanted Fugitive Arrested in Oregon. // Ellis County Press;12/3/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p5
The article reports on the arrest of a 43-year-old Texan Donald Jack Robertson II, who had been wanted for aggravated sexual assault of a child in Austin, Texas.
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. // East Bernard Express (TX);4/16/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on the 23rd anniversary of Child Abuse Prevention Month in Texas.