Popular paperbacks for young adults
- Paper Power. Waller, JoAnne // School Library Journal;Apr80, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p136
Lists young adult paperbacks published in the United States in 1980, as selected by 'School Library Journal.' Titles of books; Authors; Prices.
- Paperback reprints. // Booklist;10/1/95, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p327
Presents a list of paperback reprints written for preschool and high school readers. Includes `Is Underground,' by Joan Aiken; `Out of Here: A Senior Class Yearbook,' by Sandy Asher; `Song of Be,' by Lesley Beake; `The Ghosts of Stony Clove,' by Eileen Charbonneau.
- Old and New Paperback Favorites. Cox, Ruth // Teacher Librarian;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p44
Provides information on some paperbacks for young adult readers. `The Outsiders'; `The Chocolate War'; `Slot Machine'; `Eva.'
- Paperback power. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;2/19/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p138
Looks into the increased publishing activities on young adult paperbacks in the United States. Impact of increased in sales; Decline in the practice of sale of reprint rights by a hardcover house to a paperback specialist; Implications of the battle over reprints; Factors affecting the increase...
- Old Italian Paper Bindings. Arregui, Carmencho // New Bookbinder;2011, Vol. 31, p37
The article presents old books bound in Italian paper bindings. The works cited include a book of arithmetic for the instruction of youth tied in three joined scraps of a gilt embossed purple paper and a book which contains explanations of dreams bound in wood-block printed paper wrappers with...
- Kimani Press Offers Fantasy Fulfillment. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/22/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 8, p8
This article features the operation of Kimani Press, the African-American publishing division of romance publisher Harlequin. The publisher offers romantic titles and publishes books across four imprints. It publishes only trade paperbacks or mass market paperbacks, usually in series....
- The Business of Popularity. Pollack, Pamela D. // School Library Journal;Nov81, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the success of teenage paperback publishing in the United States. Types of publishing mode; Vulnerability of paperback publishers to criticism; Requirements for paperback cover packaging; Comparison between juvenile hardcover and paperback publishing; Results of different market...
- Popular Paperbacks Tenth Anniversary. Leahey, Sally // Young Adult Library Services;Spring2005, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p31
The article focuses on the tenth anniversary of the Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults (PPYA) Committee which was created by the United States-based Young Adult Library Services Association in 1995 to encourage young adults to read for pleasure. The group has developed at least four topical...
- Paperback Thriller (Book). Lambert, Jeanette // School Library Journal;Feb76, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p57
Reviews the book 'Paperback Thriller: a Novel of Suspense,' by Lynn Meyer.