Research topic: entrepreneurs in the workplace
- Go With Your Gut. Wolter, Romanus // Entrepreneur;Nov2005, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p144
Advises entrepreneurs on tactics for becoming a successful decision-maker. Avoidance of worrying about negative outcomes; Importance of taking positive actions; Value of concentrating on the present task and use of the imagination to generate feasible solutions.
- Keeping an Open Mind About Evidence-Based Management: A Reply to Learmonth's Commentary. Rousseau, Denise M. // Academy of Management Review;Oct2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1091
The article provides a response by D. M. Rousseau to Mark Learmonth's commentary on evidence-based management. Rousseau writes that evidence-based management should not be confused with "managerialism," which she defines as the hierarchical system of management that exists in many corporations....
- New Communication Demands of the 21st Century Workplace. Grau, Jennifer; Grau, Carole // Listening Professional;Summer2003, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p3
Examines the changing communication demands of the 21st century workplace and job market in the U.S. Importance of communication skills; Conflict management skills; Work climates; Decision-making skills; Issues on management and organization.
- WORKPLACE 2005. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Feb2005, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p54
Looks at trends and technologies to help entrepreneurs ease their businesses into the new year. Modern business measures; Smart technology choices; Effective management methods.
- Entrepreneurs: When and how to let go. Smith, Graham A.J. // Business Quarterly;Winter92, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p102
Discusses when and how an entrepreneur can share critical decision making in a company. Importance of the entrepreneur's dedication to make the business work; Growing pains experienced by new businesses; Necessity of teamwork for future growth; Examples of successful entrepreneurship; Primary...
- Follow your instincts. Lauer, Charles S. // Modern Healthcare;3/3/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p24
Talks about the rules of management in relation to decision making. Suggested attitude of an entrepreneur; Importance of confidence among managers and leaders.
- MANAGERIAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL COGNITION Conference Paper Abstracts. // Academy of Management Proceedings;2004, p1
This section presents abstracts of conference papers on managerial and organizational cognition, including a study of the concept of intuition and whether and how it may be of use to managers in making decisions, a creation of a theory of entrepreneurial learning from performance errors, and the...
- The right stuff. Brodsky, Norm // Inc.;Jul99, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p29
Provides suggestions and tips on how to be a successful entrepreneur. Characteristics of successful entrepreneurs; Importance of developing discipline and the stamina to stay focused on a single opportunity; Two phases of entrepreneurial process; Questions to consider before the start-up of any...
- The role of experience on techno-entrepreneurs' decision making biases. Nouri, Pouria; Jamali, Behrooz; Ghasemi, Ehsan // Management Science Letters;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p1957
Entrepreneurs are the driving force behind the prospect and growth of the societies. Sound and wise decisions pave the way for them to carry out these highly important functions. Entrepreneurs are to discover and exploit opportunities. Therefore, they must gather sufficient and pertinent...