Research topic: entrepreneurs in the workplace
- Go With Your Gut. Wolter, Romanus // Entrepreneur;Nov2005, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p144
Advises entrepreneurs on tactics for becoming a successful decision-maker. Avoidance of worrying about negative outcomes; Importance of taking positive actions; Value of concentrating on the present task and use of the imagination to generate feasible solutions.
- Keeping an Open Mind About Evidence-Based Management: A Reply to Learmonth's Commentary. Rousseau, Denise M. // Academy of Management Review;Oct2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1091
The article provides a response by D. M. Rousseau to Mark Learmonth's commentary on evidence-based management. Rousseau writes that evidence-based management should not be confused with "managerialism," which she defines as the hierarchical system of management that exists in many corporations....
- New Communication Demands of the 21st Century Workplace. Grau, Jennifer; Grau, Carole // Listening Professional;Summer2003, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p3
Examines the changing communication demands of the 21st century workplace and job market in the U.S. Importance of communication skills; Conflict management skills; Work climates; Decision-making skills; Issues on management and organization.
- WORKPLACE 2005. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Feb2005, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p54
Looks at trends and technologies to help entrepreneurs ease their businesses into the new year. Modern business measures; Smart technology choices; Effective management methods.
- Entrepreneurs: When and how to let go. Smith, Graham A.J. // Business Quarterly;Winter92, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p102
Discusses when and how an entrepreneur can share critical decision making in a company. Importance of the entrepreneur's dedication to make the business work; Growing pains experienced by new businesses; Necessity of teamwork for future growth; Examples of successful entrepreneurship; Primary...
- Follow your instincts. Lauer, Charles S. // Modern Healthcare;3/3/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p24
Talks about the rules of management in relation to decision making. Suggested attitude of an entrepreneur; Importance of confidence among managers and leaders.
- MANAGERIAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL COGNITION Conference Paper Abstracts. // Academy of Management Proceedings;2004, p1
This section presents abstracts of conference papers on managerial and organizational cognition, including a study of the concept of intuition and whether and how it may be of use to managers in making decisions, a creation of a theory of entrepreneurial learning from performance errors, and the...
- The right stuff. Brodsky, Norm // Inc.;Jul99, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p29
Provides suggestions and tips on how to be a successful entrepreneur. Characteristics of successful entrepreneurs; Importance of developing discipline and the stamina to stay focused on a single opportunity; Two phases of entrepreneurial process; Questions to consider before the start-up of any...
- Looking at the pros and cons. OCHSE, GARETG // Finweek;6/26/2014, p52
The author discusses the importance for entrepreneurs to develop a framework that will help them see both sides of the table. He cites his experience in inquiring the price of a house and shares his idea of using the "Spin" technique in determining both the advantage and disadvantage of the...