HOW TO…maximise training budgets
- 2014 STATE OF THE INDUSTRY report. MILLER, LAURIE // TD: Talent Development;Nov2014, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p30
The article discusses the findings of the 2014 State of the Industry report by trade group the Association for Talent Development (ATD) and the 2014 World Economic Outlook report by United Nations (UN) economics organization the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Topics discussed include...
- Corporate universities for small companies. FENN, DONNA // Inc.;Feb99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p95
Details the benefit of in-house training in helping companies attract and retain people. Increased recruitment and revenues; Reduced turnover rate.
- REPORT CONFIRMS BUSINESS CASE FOR LEARNING. Kubicek, Margaret // Training Magazine;Jun2004, p4
Presents information on the results of the "Recruitment Confidence Index," on learning and development training of employers in Great Britain as of June 2004. Percentage of employers who said that the amount of training they offer will increase over the next couple of years; Percentage of...
- Treading the boards. Chisholm, Alisdair // Training Journal;Dec2014, p66
The author, an independent training professional, recounts having lunch with a friend, a training professional in a corporation, at which both men reflect on their work over the past year. Topics include the experiences and work environments of independent versus in-house training personnel and...
- Finding the Greener Grass - The Ins and Outs of Going In-House. Siegel, Bettina Elias // Litigation;Summer2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p6
The article presents the author's views on working as an in-house lawyer. The author shares her experiences of working as an in-house lawyer and as an associate for a law firm. According to her, law firms train young lawyers and so it is better to learn those skills and later work in in-house...
- DRIVING THROUGH STRUCTURED DEVELOPMENT. Kubicek, Margaret // Training Magazine;May2003, p19
Presents information on the in-house training academy developed by Lex Vehicle Leasing for its sales personnel. Steps involved in the development of the academy; Principle behind the project; Description of the modules used in the program.
- Building an Effective Training Program. Jaeger, Jaclyn // Compliance Week;Sep2011, Vol. 8 Issue 92, p46
The article focuses on the establishment of in-house training programs to implement accounting, compliance and reporting changes. It says that an effective training program is about building into the corporate culture, motivating middle management to provide employees with training, and...
- In-house recruitment careers. MOUNTNEY, ANDREW // Recruiter;Jul2015, p37
The article focuses on in-house recruitment careers. Topics discussed include rise in the role of recruitment business partner (RBP) along with its return, preference for experienced professionals in the industry and making talent acquisition accountable. It mentions the failure of businesses to...
- In-house training available. // IIE Solutions;Apr2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the in-house training and seminar offered by the Institute of Industrial Engineers. List of companies that requested for employee training seminars; Details on conference reservation.